Boulders Drop Game One to Sussex County
The Rockland Boulders fell to a 10-3 defeat at the hands of the Sussex County Miners in Game 1 of their best-of-5 Can-Am League playoff series at Palisades Credit Union Park.
Rockland grabbed an early 2-1 lead when Matt Oberste's third-inning RBI double knotted the score and Grant Heyman followed with a sacrifice fly. It was all the defending champs from there as the Miners plated runs in five of the last six innings to pull away.
J.D. Busfield (0-1) started and took the loss while Frank Duncan (1-0) worked seven solid frames to earn the win. Audy Ciriaco and Cito Culver led the 18-hit barrage with three each.
Game 2 of the series is Thursday at 7 pm at Palisades Credit Union Park. From there, the scene shifts to Sussex County for Game 3 on Friday night, with Games 4 and 5 if necessary on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from September 4, 2019
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Boulders Drop Game One to Sussex County - Rockland Boulders
- 2019 Can-Am League Playoff Preview / NJ Jackals & Sussex County Miners Semi-Finals Action Starts Tonight - Sussex County Miners
- Playoff Semifinals Preview: Trois-Rivieres-New Jersey - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.