Booyah Squash Pit Spitters
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah dominated in all facets of the game on Saturday night as they defeated the Traverse City Pit Spitters 14-2.
In an offensive explosion, Green Bay put up nine runs in the bottom half of the eighth inning to open up the floodgates for the Booyah. Matt Morgan led off the inning with an infield single, followed by a walk from Matt Korman. With two on, Blaise Maris placed a ball into center to score Morgan, which began a nine run, 14 batter inning for the Booyah. Mike Ruggiero picked up two RBIs in the inning, as did Brady West.
Nick Kreutzer led the way for Green Bay by going 4-5 with a home run and four RBIs. Ruggiero also picked up four RBIs on the day, going 2-4. Cooper Morrison went 4-5 with two RBIs, and a run scored. Jacob Buchberger finished the day 1-4 with an RBI and a run scored, and Sean Meyer also picked up a hit. Offensively, the Booyah put up 14 runs on 16 hits, with 13 RBIs in total.
On the mound, Garrett Martin got the win after going six innings, giving up just two hits and one earned run. Jacob Paulishak went one inning, allowing the only other run to score, which was unearned. Chandler Ingram, Will Saxton, and Nick Riggle combined two shut down the Pit Spitters in the final two innings of play.
Green Bay and Traverse City meet for the final time this season as they look to take the season series from the Pit Spitters. Chris Jefferson makes the start for Green Bay with a start time of 1:05 p.m.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Nick Kreutzer of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 3, 2019
- Eau Claire Cannot Rally Back in Duluth - Eau Claire Express
- MoonDogs' Offense Erupts in Win over Honkers - Rochester Honkers
- Mallards Outlasted 7-6 by Rivets - Madison Mallards
- Booyah Squash Pit Spitters - Green Bay Booyah
- Koenig and Barth Set Records as First Place Rox Beat Honkers - St. Cloud Rox
- Sankey's Masterful Eight Innings Shutdown Growlers - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Highlight Reel Moments Lead to Cats Win - Thunder Bay Border Cats
- Larks Lose Heartbreaker in Extras - Bismarck Larks
- Bombers Flounder against Fish - Battle Creek Bombers
- Stingers Defeated by Express - Willmar Stingers
- Elvir's Shot, Muniz's Gem Guides Dogs to Win over Bucks - Mankato MoonDogs
- Rafters Hold off Jackrabbits for Game One Victory - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Parkinson, Holcomb Shine in 1-0 Bucks Loss - Waterloo Bucks
- Border Cats Walk-Off Duluth 3-2 - Duluth Huskies
- Playoff Push Continues for Rafters against Kokomo - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Roster Violation Changes Standings in Great Plains East Division - Northwoods
- Rafters Announce 2019 Playoff Ticket Pricing - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Chinooks Topple Rafters - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Larks Win with Back to Back Walk-Offs - Bismarck Larks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Green Bay BOO-Yah to Host Halloween Trick-Or-Treat Event at Capital Credit Union Park
- Booyah Succeed at Providing Community with Safe Summer Entertainment
- Green Bay Booyah to Host Wine Dinner September 17th
- Open Letter from Booyah VP: Thank You, Fans
- Green Bay Booyah Season Ends in Fond du Lac