Bob Dylan Rocks Fifth Third Ballpark This Saturday
COMSTOCK PARK, MI - Rock and roll legend Bob Dylan is getting ready to start his 2006 tour right here in West Michigan. This Saturday, August 12, Dylan will kick off his third annual tour of minor league ballparks with the Bob Dylan Show at Fifth Third Ballpark.
The stop at Fifth Third Ballpark is the start of a 17-date tour that wraps up September 5 in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The performance in West Michigan will be the only appearance in the state and will take place rain or shine. "We've had an awesome response since we announced the concert and we're looking forward to a great night of music," said Whitecaps Director of Outside Events Matt Costello.
Tickets for the event will be general admission with limited seating available on the field and in the ballpark's seating bowl. The stage will be placed at second base. Gates for the concert will open at 5:30 p.m. and the concert will start at 6:30 p.m.
The Whitecaps and concert promoter Jam Productions are attempting to keep the cost low for families by offering free admission to children 12 and under with the purchase of an adult ticket. Tickets are $49.50 for everyone over the age of 12 and can be purchased at the Whitecaps Box Office, over the phone by calling (616) 784-4131, through the Whitecaps website, www.whitecapsbaseball.com, or at TicketMaster locations.
Dylan, who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1988, is best known as the pre-eminent lyricist and songwriter of his generation. Often credited with reviving the folk-rock genre, Dylan has released more than a dozen albums and four of his songs have cracked the Billboard Top 50. The Bob Dylan Show will also serve as a launching pad for Dylan's new studio album, Modern Times, which is scheduled to be released on August 29.
Joining The Bob Dylan Show will be electric guitar legends Jimmie Vaughn, of the Fabulous ThunderBirds, and Austin, Texas based Junior Brown. Elana James will start things off with her band, The Continental Two.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 10, 2006
- Cougars fall to L'Kings - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs win wild one over Bees 12-9 - Peoria Chiefs
- McKenzie's masterpiece sinks SilverHawks - Lansing Lugnuts
- Dragons continue dominance of Devil Rays - Dayton Dragons
- Whitecaps game at Quad Cities postponed - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Kernels and Timber Rattlers postponed - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Swing and Whitecaps rained out Thursday - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Rattlers at Kernels postponed - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Shinskie Promoted - Beloit Sky Carp
- American Celebration Night at Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- Bob Dylan Rocks Fifth Third Ballpark This Saturday - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Former catcher promoted to bolster Swing bullpen - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Ondrusek moves up to Chattanooga - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent West Michigan Whitecaps Stories
- Whitecaps Announce New Start Time for Night Games. Group Experience Tickets on Sale Today
- Whitecaps Launch Fan Voting for Hall of Fame Class of 2022
- West Michigan Whitecaps Release 2022 Baseball Season Schedule
- Rivera Hits 21st in Record-Setting Win
- 'Caps Denied 2,000th Win in 5-3 Loss