Blue Coats Down Nets, Koumadje Sets Franchise Record with 10 Blocks in Triple-Double Performance
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (11-8), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, defeated the Long Island Nets (6-13), 111-88, on Saturday afternoon at 76ers Fieldhouse. Christ Koumadje recorded a triple-double with 12 points (6-11 fg), a season-high 16 rebounds and a franchise-record 10 blocked shots in 32 minutes for the Blue Coats. Koumadje, who was a game-high plus-36, previously tied the franchise record with seven blocked shots (76ers two-way contract player Norvel Pelle, three times) on Dec. 19 against Stockton.
76ers two-way contract player Marial Shayok, the NBA G League's leading scorer, tallied a game-high 22 points (8-18 fg, 4-7 3fg, 1-1 ft) with five rebounds and three steals in 26 minutes for the Blue Coats. Delaware's Xavier Munford posted 18 points (6-10 fg, 2-4 3fg, 2-3 ft), five rebounds and eight assists in 20 minutes of action, while Michael Bryson added a season-high 14 points (6-12 fg, 2-5 3fg) in 25 minutes off the bench. Munford's eight assists came without a single turnover.
The Blue Coats held a 66-39 advantage at halftime and led by as many as 28 points in the contest. Six Delaware players reached double figures scoring for the sixth time this season, while the team hauled in more than 50 rebounds (54) for the 14th time.
Long Island was led by John Egbunu's near double-double with 18 points (7-13 fg, 2-4 ft), nine rebounds and three blocked shots in 23 minutes as a reserve. Jaylen Hands scored 17 points (5-19 fg, 2-10 3fg, 2-2 ft) with four rebounds in 34 minutes for the Nets.
The Blue Coats will take on their third-straight divisional opponent when they visit the Westchester Knicks on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 4, 2020
- Hot Start Not Enough for Drive - Grand Rapids Drive
- Hustle Earn Road Win against Resilient Iowa Wolves - Memphis Hustle
- Wolves Upset Bid Upended in Final Moments - Iowa Wolves
- Windy City Comes up Short against Westchester, 122-108 - Windy City Bulls
- South Bay Falls to Texas on the Road - South Bay Lakers
- Charge Outlast Mad Ants in OT - Canton Charge
- Blue Coats Down Nets, Koumadje Sets Franchise Record with 10 Blocks in Triple-Double Performance - Delaware Blue Coats
- College Park Skyhawks Transfer Charlie Brown, Jr. to the Atlanta Hawks - College Park Skyhawks
- Kings Reign in Second Half - Texas Legends
- Austin Spurs Come Back to Defeat Greensboro Swarm 126-123 in OT - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Pull Away from Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Blue Coats Dropped by Kings in Second Half
- Marial Shayok Named to Eastern Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team
- Blue Coats Fall to Bulls in Conference Bout
- The Sold Firm, Blue Coats to Team up for "Art Madness"
- Blue Coats Sweep Home Back-To-Back with Win over Erie