Beskorowany Assigned to Idaho
(Boise, ID) - Goaltender Tyler Beskorowany was assigned to the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads on Thursday, making him the fifth player sent to Idaho by the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League this week.
Beskorowany, 20, was the 59th player selected (2nd round) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft by the Dallas Stars. He'll be making his professional debut with the Steelheads this season after concluding his junior career last season with the Kingston Frontenacs of the Ontario Hockey League, winning 29 games and posting a .903 save percentage.
The 6-foot-5 netminder was with Idaho briefly during the ECHL Kelly Cup playoffs last spring, serving as the backup to Richard Bachman during the conference semifinals against Utah. He did not see any game action.
Beskorowany (BESK-or-wah-nee) follows Bachman, Matt Climie, Steve Silverthorn, and Dan Ellis as goaltenders who have been sent to Idaho by the Stars' organization.
Michael Neal, Matt Tassone, Tyler Ludwig, and Guillaume Monast were all assigned to Idaho by Texas on Wednesday.
Idaho (ECHL) and Texas (AHL) are the primary development affiliates of the NHL's Dallas Stars. The Steelheads have a pair of exhibition games this weekend, Friday night at Qwest Arena in Boise in the first-ever, Higgins and Rutledge "Season-Ticket Holders Only" game and Saturday night in Logan, UT. Both games are against the Utah Grizzlies.
The Steelheads open the regular season on October 15 when they host the Victoria Salmon Kings at Qwest Arena. Ticket plans for the 2010-2011 season are available right now, starting at just $275 per seat for all 36 home games during the regular season. Partial-season plans are also available. Contact the Steelheads front office at 208.383.0080 or log on to www.idahosteelheads.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 7, 2010
- Jackals Game Recap: Jackals Drop Preseason Opener to Royals, 5-3 - Elmira Jackals
- K-Wings Trim Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Think Ice with the Cyclones on Fountain Square Friday at Noon - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Announce Roster Moves Prior to First Preason Game - Elmira Jackals
- Goaltender Adam Courchaine Assigned to Reading - Reading Royals
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Blades Broadcasting Pre-Season Games on Internet and America One - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Welcome Ricci and Watson to Camp - South Carolina Stingrays
- Beskorowany Assigned to Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- Salmon Kings and UBC Thunderbirds Do Battle this Weekend - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Record 79 ECHL Players on NHL Opening-Day Rosters - ECHL
- Walleye Opening Night Just Nine Days Away - Toledo Walleye
- Toledo Adds Three Players from Rockford - Toledo Walleye
- 15 Former Grizzlies on NHL Opening Day Rosters - Utah Grizzlies
- Goaltender J.P. Lamoureux , 6-Foot-8 Riley Emmerson Join Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Doug Shedden and Tom Callahan guest on Episode 17 of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Stockton Edges Alaska 2-1 in Preseason Finale - Alaska Aces
- Howes' game winner helps the Thunder in preseason sweep over Aces - Stockton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Schedule Released for Mountain Division Final
- Reverse Sweep - Steelheads Complete Comeback Against
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines - Game 7, Mountain Division Semifinals
- Steelheads' offensive outburst forces Game 7
- Steelheads: Game Day Storylines - Game 6, Mountain Division Semifinals