Beavers Host Go Green Week At PGE Park
PORTLAND, Ore. - The Portland Beavers play host to Go Green Week, presented by Guayaki, as they entertain the Fresno Grizzlies during a four-game homestand starting Saturday, at PGE Park.
Go Green Week and the Beavers homestand kicks off with an organic t-shirt giveaway Saturday. The first 2,000 fans will receive the premium giveaway made from organic material. The first game of the series against Fresno will be televised live on FSN.
On Sunday, local children's author Lauren Davis, who wrote the popular series "Giggles the Green Bean," educating kids on environmental awareness, will visit PGE Park as part of Go Green Week and the Beavers' Kids Sunday festivities.
The Beavers give a nod to the early days of baseball with Nothing Night on Monday during Go Green Week presented by Guayaki. Free of music, video or contests, Nothing Night features pure baseball as the Beavers take on the Grizzlies.
The four-game homestand concludes Tuesday as the Beavers feature their first US Bank Art & Science of Baseball School Day presented by Intel of the season. Representatives from OMSI will be on hand to provide Portland-area kids a day of learning and baseball as part of the ultimate field trip at the ballpark. Gates open at 9 a.m.; the game begins at 11:05 a.m.
Tickets for the Beavers homestand against Fresno, the Triple-A affiliate of the San Francisco Giants, are available through the PGE Park box office, area Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (800) 745-3000. Convenient and affordable group and suite packages are available through the Beavers ticket office at (503) 553-5555.
SPECIAL EVENT HIGHLIGHTS (Homestand 2): Saturday, April 24 Go Green Week - Beavers vs. Fresno - 7:05 p.m. The Beavers begin Go Green Week and a four-game series against the Grizzlies at PGE Park, presented by Guayaki. The first 2,000 fans receive an organic Beavers t-shirt on a Fred Meyer Super Giveaway Saturday. The first game of the homestand will air live on FSN.
Sunday, April 25 Go Green Week - Beavers vs. Fresno - 2:05 p.m. Go Green Week, presented by Guayaki, continues on a Kids Sunday at PGE Park. Author Lauren Davis, who writes children's books with an environmental-awareness focus, will be on hand as part of Go Green Week activities. Prior to the first pitch, kids 12 and under can take advantage of the Beavers' Kids-Eat-Free plan, play catch on the field and get autographs. After the game, kids are invited to run the bases.
Monday, April 26 Nothing Night/Go Green Week - Beavers vs. Fresno - 7:05 p.m. The Beavers pay tribute to the early days of the game with Nothing Night at PGE Park. A part of Go Green Week, presented by Guayaki, Nothing Night features a game free of video, contests and music as Portland and Fresno square off in Game 3 of the four-game series.
Tuesday, April 27 US Bank Art & Science of Baseball School Day - Beavers vs. Fresno - 11:05 a.m. The Beavers conclude their homestand against the Grizzlies with a special US Bank Art & Science of Baseball School Day presented by Intel on a Fred Meyer $4 Tuesday. Portland-area kids descend on PGE Park for a day of fun and learning featuring special exhibits and a pre-game presentation from OMSI starting at 9 a.m. For Tuesday home games in 2010, 200 general admission tickets will be available for $4 through the PGE Park box office and Ticketmaster outlets at local Fred Meyer locations. Tuesday is also a KRAFT Singles Night. Featuring a buy-one, get-one offer, fans who bring a KRAFT singles wrapper to the PGE Park box office get a steal of a deal.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 23, 2010
- Cubs swamp 'Birds in series finale - Memphis Redbirds
- Express drops series finale to Omaha - Round Rock Express
- Loe Outduels Holland, Sounds Win Homestand Finale - Nashville Sounds
- Zephyrs, Isotopes Rained Out - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bell Returns From Disabled List, Mendoza Reassigned To Arkansas - Salt Lake Bees
- Sky Sox And Rainiers Postponed - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Beavers Host Go Green Week At PGE Park - Portland Beavers
- Aces Return Home For Fun-Filled Series - Reno Aces
- Papillion Sanitation, Royals Team Up On Recycling - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Grizzlies Sweep Aces In Doubleheader - Reno Aces
- Liz Matches Beavers Strikeout Record In Win - Portland Beavers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss