Balboa, Angeli, Moor Headline Rapids On-Air Personalities in 2023
Marcelo Balboa, Match Analyst
The man, the myth, the legend.
World Cup, USMNT and MLS veteran Marcelo Balboa is set to be a key face of the inaugural Apple Season Pass broadcast team that was announced earlier this month.
"Chelo" will take a place as a match analyst for Apple in 2023 after calling Rapids games on Altitude for the past two decades.
The MLS All-Time Best XI defender and club legend has served as an analyst for MLS and international matches as part of Univision's broadcast team. In the past, Balboa has also covered the Summer Olympics, multiple World Cups and has been a key figure in the growth of MLS for nearly 30 years.
In addition to his TV broadcast duties, Balboa will contribute to videos produced by the Rapids, including club profiles, features, analysis and historical content seen on club channels and Apple's MLS Season Pass platform.
You can find Marcelo on Twitter at @marcelobalboa17.
Jordan Angeli, Analyst & Host
Colorado's own returns!
Re-joining the club in 2023, Jordan Angeli will serve as the face of the club's Apple Season Pass and club digital channels, hosting exclusive interviews, features and segments while providing in-depth analysis consistently during the season. On matchday, fans will see Angeli as an in-stadium analyst and host and she will contribute to the radio broadcast as an analyst at various points in 2023.
A rising star in the U.S. soccer broadcasting landscape, Angeli was named the first full-time female TV Analyst in Columbus Crew history in 2020 and worked with their broadcast and in-house media teams for three seasons. Angeli was with the Rapids from 2016-2019, serving as the in-stadium host in 2016 before taking on the role of radio color analyst from 2017-19. She also hosted Tailgate Live, the Rapids' digital pregame show while filling in on Altitude TV's broadcast.
In 2023, fans can also see Angeli as a match analyst for NWSL matches on CBS Sports Network and Paramount+.
A former professional player, Angeli featured for the Boston Breakers (2010-2012) and the Washington Spirit (2014) of Women's Professional Soccer, as well as for the Western New York Flash (2015) of the National Women's Soccer League.
Follow Jordan on Instagram at @jordangeli and Twitter at @jordangeli.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 31, 2023
- Whitecaps FC to Play Winner of York United FC and Vancouver FC to Start 2023 Canadian Championship Run - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Earthquakes Acquire Ecuador National Team Midfielder Carlos Gruezo as Designated Player - San Jose Earthquakes
- Philadelphia Union and Bimbo Bakeries USA Renew Official Jersey Partnership - Philadelphia Union
- Match Date Changed for Los Angeles FC vs. Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- Inter Miami CF Signs Ukrainian International Defender Sergii Kryvtsov - Inter Miami CF
- LAFC Announces Date Change for Home Match against Inter Miami CF - Los Angeles FC
- RSL U-17 Head Coach Andrew May Heads to France to Participate in Elite Formation Coaching License Program - Real Salt Lake
- Tosaint Ricketts Announces Retirement After 14-Year Professional Career - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Austin FC Loans Forward Moussa Djitté to AC Ajaccio - Austin FC
- Revolution's Away Match at New York City FC to Kickoff at 3:30 p.m. ET - New England Revolution
- Balboa, Angeli, Moor Headline Rapids On-Air Personalities in 2023 - Colorado Rapids
- Orlando City SC Acquires Icelandic National Team Midfielder Dagur Dan Thórhallsson - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Weekly 'Colorado Rapids Podcast' to Launch Ahead of Season Opener
- Rapids Close Out Preseason with Tenacity, Fall to Orlando City SC, 3-2
- Preview: Colorado Rapids Set to Face Orlando City SC in Preseason Finale
- Colorado Rapids Unveil One Flag Kit Ahead of the 2024 Season
- Lewis Records Brace in Rapids Draw against Hartford Athletic