Bakersfield Defeats Anaheim
ANAHEIM, Calif. (March 17, 2009) - Bakersfield Jam center David Berghoefer scored 11 points in the third quarter as Bakersfield came back from a 13 point deficit in the second quarter to defeat the Anaheim Arsenal 111-94.
The Arsenal came out strong and shot 14-21 (66.7%) to outscore the Jam 33-23 in the opening quarter. Cameron Bennerman led the Arsenal in the period with 7 points on his way to 18 points, 4 rebounds, and 4 assists on the night.
Bakersfield adjusted between the first and second quarter and out scored and out rebounded Anaheim by a substantial margin. In the second and third quarters, the Jam outscored the Arsenal by 27 points. The Jam offered a balanced attack in the second quarter while Berghoefer took over in the third quarter on his way to a double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds.
"We played Bakersfield tough for two and a half quarters but they were able to run away with it," Anaheim head coach Sam Vincent noted. "Our defense broke down and their offense stepped it up."
Both teams had all 10 starters finish with double digit scoring totals. For Bakersfield, guard Trey Johnson led all scorers with 23 rebounds and 6 rebounds. Jam forward Justin Reed finished with 20 points and 8 rebounds. Anaheim's Cedric Bozeman finished with 17 points while Kedrick Brown finished with 14 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists.
Anaheim continues their home stand tomorrow when they host the Sioux Falls Skyforce at 7:00 p.m. Bakersfield will return home to host the Dakota Wizards on Thursday at 6:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 18, 2009
- Almond Last Second Shot Sends Flash to Victory - Utah Flash
- 14ers Shoot Down Tulsa - Colorado 14ers
- BayHawks Balanced Attack Tames Toros - Erie BayHawks
- Tulsa takes on division-rival Colorado tonight - Tulsa 66ers
- Vipers Acquire Sensley - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Oklahoma City Thunder Assign D.J. White to 66ers - Tulsa 66ers
- Grizzlies Recall Hamed Haddadi From Dakota Wizards - Dakota Wizards
- Flash Game Tonight - Utah Flash
- Oklahoma City's White Assigned To D-League Affiliate Tulsa 66ers - G League
- Vipers Unveil No Ticket Left Behind Act - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Cavaliers Assign Darnell Jackson to Erie - Erie BayHawks
- Cleveland's Jackson Re-Assigned To D-League Erie Bayhawks - G League
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Bakersfield Defeats Anaheim - Anaheim Arsenal
- Wizards Fall to Energy in Close Battle - Dakota Wizards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.