B-Sens Finish 2015 with 3-2 Win
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. - The Binghamton Senators closed out 2015 with a 3-2 win over the St. John's IceCaps. Eric O'Dell helped push the B-Sens win streak to five games with one goal and one assist.
The home team came out strong to open the first period notching two goals in the opening seven minutes of play. Buddy Robinson's fifth strike of the year came just 1:20 into the frame as he poked home a feed from Ryan Dzingel to give the hosts the 1-0 lead. O'Dell doubled the lead with a power-play goal just past the seven minute mark with his team-leading twelfth tally of the season. Chris Driedger stopped all 13 shots by the IceCaps as the hosts headed to the game's first intermission leading 2-0.
The B-Sens increased their lead to 3-0 5:38 into the second period following a turnover inside the IceCaps defensive zone. Nick Paul poked the puke free from an IceCaps skater's stick before alertly finding a wide-open Tobias Lindberg in the slot who buried his fourth of the season. St. John's followed by notching two goals less than two minutes apart with first from Sven Andrighetto at the 13:48 of the frame before Stefan Fournier made it a one-goal game with less than five minutes to play. Binghamton skated to the final intermission break with a 3-2 lead while outshooting the IceCaps 13-5 over the period.
Binghamton held the one-goal lead throughout the final period despite being outshot 15-9.
Driedger earned the win with 31 saves while Zachary Fucale had 31 saves in the losing effort.
Binghamton travel to Hershey on Saturday, January 2, for a 7:00p.m. matchup against the Bears. Fans can listen live on US 96.9FM, WINR 680AM or on the iHeart Radio app.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2015
- Stars Shine on New Year's Eve in 6-1 Win over Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Pirates Celebrate End of 2015 with Victory - Portland Pirates
- Stars Close out 2015 in 6-1 Thrashing of San Diego - Texas Stars
- Griffins Close out 2015 with Record 11th Straight Home Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Post Game Report - Manitoba vs. Iowa - December 31 - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Finish 2015 with 3-2 Win - Binghamton Senators
- Senators Hang on to Top IceCaps 3-2 - St. John's IceCaps
- Phantoms Close out 2015 in Style Winning 3-1 at Hershey - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Penguins Lose 4-2 to Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Comets End Memorable 2015 with Loss to Albany - Utica Comets
- Wild Second Period Sends Manitoba Past Iowa 4-3 - Iowa Wild
- Albany Devils Remain Undefeated against the Comets - Albany Devils
- Phantoms Hang on to Defeat Bears - Hershey Bears
- Three Period Third Lifts Portland over Providence, 4-3 - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Double up Penguins, 4-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Toronto Marlies Post Game Notes - Toronto Marlies
- Ciampini Goes Back to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Monsters Held off by Marlies, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Nikitin Assigned to Condors from Edmonton - Bakersfield Condors
- Canucks Reassign Ashton Sautner to the Comets - Utica Comets
- IceHogs Trading Cards up for Grabs on Sunday - Rockford IceHogs
- Reign Ignite Citizens Business Bank Arena Tonight against the Heat - Ontario Reign
- Heat Captain Aaron Johnson Helps Team Canada to 13th Spengler Cup Win - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Kick off 2016 on Saturday Night - Milwaukee Admirals
- Ontario Reign Game Preview: Reign Ignite Citizens Business Bank Arena Tonight against the Heat - Ontario Reign
- Heat Finish off 2015 with Road Game in Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Griffins Feature 20th Anniversary Blanket Giveaway in Weekend Set - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Recall Bobby Shea from Stingrays - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Aaron Ness from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Cap 2015 with 5-2 Win over Wolves - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.