Austin Spurs Acquire Jordan Murphy and Galen Robinson Jr.
AUSTIN - The Austin Spurs today announced that the team has traded the returning player rights to London Perrantes and their second-round pick in the 2022 NBA G League Draft to the Iowa Wolves in exchange for the returning player rights to forward Jordan Murphy. In addition, the team has acquired guard Galen Robinson Jr. through returning player rights.
Murphy, 6-6/250, spent two seasons in the G League with Iowa from 2019-21, averaging 8.3 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 19.9 minutes per game in 56 games. He appeared in seven games for Ironi Nes Ziona in Israel and 36 games for Leones de Ponce in Puerto Rico in the 2020-21 season. The San Antonio native played at the University of Minnesota from 2015-19, posting 13.6 points, 9.8 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 29.3 minutes per game in 133 games. As a senior, he was selected to the NABC All-District (7) First Team, All-Big Ten First Team and Big Ten All-Tournament Team. The six-time Big Ten Player of the Week ended his college career ranked second in Big Ten history with 1,307 rebounds and second on the Gophers' all-time scoring list with 1,802 points.
Robinson Jr., 6-1/190, played in 38 G League games with Austin from 2019-21, averaging 8.0 points, 5.0 assists and 2.5 rebounds in 23.6 minutes per game. He was the recipient of the 2020-21 NBA G League Jason Collier Sportsmanship Award, which honors the player who best represents the ideals of character and conduct as a teammate on the court and in the locker room. In 15 games with Plateros de Fresnillo in Mexico this season, he posted 9.7 points, 2.3 assists and 1.4 rebounds in 18.5 minutes per game. He appeared in 12 games for BG Göttingen in Germany during the 2020-21 season. Playing for the University of Houston from 2015-19, he recorded 6.8 points, 4.3 assists, 2.8 rebounds and 1.15 steals in 27.7 minutes per game in 136 games. He earned the American Sportsmanship Award as a senior and American Athletic Conference All-Rookie Team honors as a freshman.
Murphy will wear No. 22 and Robinson Jr. will wear No. 25 for the Silver and Black.
In a related move, the team has waived guard Jordan Burns.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 13, 2022
- Iowa Wolves Claim 117-102 Win over Memphis Hustle - Iowa Wolves
- Blue Coats Top Celtics - Maine Celtics
- Stars Acquire Rights to Former BYU Star Yoeli Childs - Salt Lake City Stars
- New Orleans Pelicans Assign Didi Louzada to Birmingham Squadron - Birmingham Squadron
- Austin Spurs Acquire Jordan Murphy and Galen Robinson Jr. - Austin Spurs
- Long Island Nets Acquire Talib Zanna - Long Island Nets
- Milwaukee Bucks Sign Lindell Wigginton to a Two-Way Contract - Wisconsin Herd
- Birmingham Squadron to Host Celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at Legacy Arena - Birmingham Squadron
- Skyforce Lose in Final Seconds to Agua Caliente - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Wright Drops Double-Double As Clippers Win Nail-Biter - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.