Austin acquires Thomas and White
GREENVILLE, S.C., March 14 - The Austin Toros have acquired forward Omar Thomas and guard Quannas White from the NBA Development League available player pool.
Thomas, 6-5, 200, averaged 32.1 minutes, 20.5 points and 6.7 rebounds as a senior at the University of Texas-El Paso in 2004-05. As a freshman at Panola (Texas) Junior College he averaged 36.1 points and 17.1 rebounds. As a sophomore, Thomas averaged 34.3 points and 19.1 rebounds. He has been playing professionally for the Coca-Cola Tigers in the Philippines, where he averaged 26.1 points and was the third-leading import scorer.
White, 6-1, 190, played collegiately at Oklahoma where he averaged 29.1 minutes, 8.6 points, 3.6 rebounds and 4.1 assists as a senior in 2002-03. Most recently White has played in Argentina for La Union and for Sioux Falls in the CBA, where he averaged 4.3 points and 4.0 assist in 12 games.
The Toros will face the Fayetteville (N.C.) Patriots tonight starting at 7 p.m. (EST) at Crown Coliseum. Both Thomas and White will not be uniform for tonight's game but are expected to be uniform for Friday's game against the Roanoke Dazzle.
For more information on the Austin Toros log on to austintoros.com or call (512) 236-8333.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 14, 2006
- Late surge lifts Patriots to fourth-straight win - Fayetteville Patriots
- Flame Catch Case of March Madness - Florida Flame
- Florida Acquires Rawlings, Waives Jones - Florida Flame
- Flyers Acquire Bimbo Carmona - Fort Worth Flyers
- Riley returns to Patriots - Fayetteville Patriots
- NBA D-League daily developments - G League
- RimRockers announce home game date change - Arkansas RimRockers
- Austin acquires Thomas and White - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Austin Spurs Stories
- Travis Trice Named to USA Men's World Cup Qualifying February Team
- Austin Spurs to Host Raptors 905 at the AT&T Center on Friday, March 8
- Travis Trice Confirmed for USA Men's World Cup Qualifying Team February Training Camp
- Austin Spurs Acquire Devon Bookert and Jeff Coby
- Austin Spurs Fall to Salt Lake City Stars 98-89