Attack Announce 2019-20 Leadership Group
The Owen Sound Attack have named forward Aidan Dudas the 24th Captain in franchise history.
Aidan Dudas will wear the C for the Bears this upcoming season, alongside four players who have been graced with an A.
Brady Lyle and Mark Woolley will be alternate captains for all Attack games, while Carter Robertson will don the badge for home games, and Matt Philip will take responsibility for road dates.
Head Coach Alan Letang says it was a tough decision, but one Dudas has earned: "The way he plays on the ice really reflects our team's identity. He brings energy with his heart and soul every single night. He wants pucks and he competes every day. He'll have to lean on the rest of the leadership group for support off the ice, but we're very confident in this group."
The new captain was excited but wanted to share his achievement with his teammates: "We could all wear the C. We're all great leaders, and I'm happy to be chosen, but it could have been anyone in the room. I'm excited to get to work, we're planning on a big year, a long year, and it all starts tomorrow."
The Attack leadership group will make their debuts in their respective roles tomorrow night as the season gets underway at the Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre against the Ottawa 67s. Tickets are available at the MacVicar & McComb Remax Attack Box Office. Puck drop is at 7:30 with a free fan fest beginning at 4:30 outside the arena.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from September 20, 2019
- 67's Open New Season with Thrilling Shootout Win over Guelph - Ottawa 67's
- Bulldogs Defeat Sting 4-3 in Season Opener - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rangers Win Thriller in OT Versus the Spirit, 5-4 - Kitchener Rangers
- Otters Flip Script in the Third, Tame Wolves 5-2 - Erie Otters
- Steelheads Drop Season Opener - Mississauga Steelheads
- Two Games Played. Two IceDogs Wins - Niagara IceDogs
- Rogers Extends Partnership with the Kitchener Rangers - Kitchener Rangers
- Erie Events and Otters Announce Ten-Year Lease Agreement - Erie Otters
- Attack Announce 2019-20 Leadership Group - Owen Sound Attack
- Bell, Corus & The Hamilton Bulldogs - Hamilton's new Top Line - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hamilton Bulldogs Sign Ryan Humphrey - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Joe Tomato's Weekend Preview: Attack Start Fresh in 2019-20 - Owen Sound Attack
- Preview: Firebirds Begin 5th OHL Campaign Friday - Flint Firebirds
- OHL 20 in 20 Season Preview: Guelph Storm - Guelph Storm
- Damiani and Meireles Named Rangers Co-Captains - Kitchener Rangers
- Preview: Spirit Open 2019-20 Regular Season in Kitchener Friday - Saginaw Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Attack & Canadian Cancer Society Raise over $7000 Through Head Shave Event
- Andrew Perrott Named Huron Tractor Attacker of the Week
- Attack Extend Win Streak to Five with 4-1 Victory over Sudbury
- Aidan Dudas Named to Team OHL for CIBC Canada Russia Series
- Burroughs and Lawrence Named to Team Canada Roster for U17 Hockey Challenge