Arsenal Signs Television Package with Cox Communications
ANAHEIM, Calif., January 2, 2007 -- The Anaheim Arsenal and Cox Communications have agreed to a four-game television package beginning with Saturday's game against the Albuquerque Thunderbirds, the defending NBA D-League Champs. Under the agreement, Cox3, Cox Communications' local channel serving Orange County, will produce and televise the games.
"We are excited to offer Arsenal fans a chance to see our games on TV," said Arsenal president Zack Wallace. "This exposure on Cox3 will be a great way for the Arsenal and our corporate partners to increase awareness in Southern California. We look forward to seeing the benefits of reaching Cox viewers."
Arsenal fans will be able to watch the Cox3 telecasts of the Arsenal games on January 6 against Albuquerque, January 27 against the Colorado 14ers, February 10 against the Dakota Wizards and April 7 against the Los Angeles D-Fenders. The game telecasts will also be shown throughout the weeks following these dates.
"Cox3 already has a reputation for bringing Orange County viewers sports coverage that they can't see anywhere else with programs like Game of the Week," said Duffy Leone, Cox Communications region vice president and general manager. "We're excited to bring these Arsenal games to our customers."
The Arsenal will return to action on Thursday, January 4 as they take on former Oregon star Luke Jackson and the Idaho Stampede at 7:00pm in the Arena at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Cox3 programming can be viewed exclusively by Cox Cable subscribers in these cities: Aliso Viejo, Dana Point, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Newport Beach, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Tustin and others. Visit www.cox3.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2007
- D-Fenders Acquire Jason McKrieth - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Nuggets Recall Hodge From D-League - Colorado 14ers
- Kelenna Azubuike Signs with Golden State Warriors - Fort Worth Flyers
- Fobbs returns to Thunderbirds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Arsenal Signs Television Package with Cox Communications - Anaheim Arsenal
- Fobbs Returns to T-Birds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Warriors Sign Fort Worth Guard Azubuike - G League
- Will Conroy Named D-League Performer of the Week - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.