D-Fenders Acquire Jason McKrieth
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.- The Los Angeles D-Fenders of the NBA Development League have acquired former Rice University guard Jason McKrieth to fill the roster spot vacated by Devin Green, who has left the team.
From Schenectady, N.Y., McKrieth (6-4, 210), played in 33 games as a senior at Rice, averaging 33.2 minutes, 14.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 3.6 assists and was an All-Conference USA selection. Following his collegiate career, McKrieth played in the preseason for Pinar Karsiyaka in Turkey, but did not play in a regular season game.
Green played in 13 games (13 starts) for Los Angeles, averaging 19.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists.
McKrieth is expected to be in uniform when the D-Fenders (9-6) are host to Dakota (9-3) this Friday, January 5, before the Lakers game, at STAPLES Center with a 3:30pm tip off. He will wear jersey #5.
Having a Lakers ticket for a STAPLES Center home game is also your ticket to a lower bowl seat for the
D-Fenders. Lakers season ticket holders who attend a D-Fenders home game will receive a special gift, while supplies last, by visiting the Season Ticket Holder Booth on the main concourse at the Figueroa Street Entrance.
On July 31, 2006 the Los Angeles Lakers announced that they had become the first NBA franchise in history to own an NBA Development League team. The Los Angeles D-Fenders play their home games at STAPLES Center pre and post Lakers home games. The Lakers devoted fans were given the opportunity to name the NBA D-League team in an online naming contest.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2007
- D-Fenders Acquire Jason McKrieth - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Nuggets Recall Hodge From D-League - Colorado 14ers
- Kelenna Azubuike Signs with Golden State Warriors - Fort Worth Flyers
- Fobbs returns to Thunderbirds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Arsenal Signs Television Package with Cox Communications - Anaheim Arsenal
- Fobbs Returns to T-Birds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Warriors Sign Fort Worth Guard Azubuike - G League
- Will Conroy Named D-League Performer of the Week - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles D-Fenders Stories
- MVP Vander Blue Leads 2016-17 All-NBA Development League First Team
- Vander Blue Named NBA Development League MVP
- D-Fenders Comeback Falls Short in Year-Ending Loss to Vipers
- Los Angeles Lakers Recall Nwaba from D-Fenders
- D-Fenders Dodge Vipers Comeback, Stay Alive in Title Hunt