Fobbs Returns to T-Birds
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M, Jan. 2, 2007 - The Albuquerque Thunderbirds of the NBA Development League have reacquired forward/center Eddy Fobbs and waived center Manual Narvaez.
Fobbs, 6-11, 240 from Sam Houston State, was waived by the T-Birds on Dec. 22 to rehabilitate an ankle injury. Prior to that he had played in nine games, averaging 11.8 minutes, 2.2 points and 2.9 rebounds. Narvaez has played in 13 games (seven starts) for Albuquerque, averaging 20.1 minutes, 5.2 points and 6.4 rebounds.
Fobbs is expected to be in uniform when the Thunderbirds (7-7) are host to Austin (1-13) on Friday at Tingley Coliseum. Tip off is scheduled for 7 p.m. MT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2007
- D-Fenders Acquire Jason McKrieth - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Nuggets Recall Hodge From D-League - Colorado 14ers
- Kelenna Azubuike Signs with Golden State Warriors - Fort Worth Flyers
- Fobbs returns to Thunderbirds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Arsenal Signs Television Package with Cox Communications - Anaheim Arsenal
- Fobbs Returns to T-Birds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Warriors Sign Fort Worth Guard Azubuike - G League
- Will Conroy Named D-League Performer of the Week - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.