Will Conroy Named D-League Performer of the Week
TULSA, Okla., Jan. 2, 2007 - Will Conroy of the Tulsa 66ers has been named the D-League Performer of the Week for January 1, 2007.
Conroy, a 6-2 guard, recorded two outstanding all-around efforts to lead the 66ers to two wins over the Arkansas RimRockers over the weekend. In a 103-98 win on Friday, Conroy posted the first triple-double of the D-League season with 16 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 assists. It was Conroy's third career triple-double, which is the D-League record. He enjoyed another productive game in Saturday's 110-106 victory, recording 14 points,14 assists, and seven rebounds. The 14 assists are tied for the highest single-game total in the D-League this season. For the two games, he posted averages of 15.0 points, 12.0 assists, and 9.0 rebounds.
Conroy is in his second season with the 66ers, and currently ranks second in the D-League with 8.8 assists and 40.9 minutes per game. He is also averaging 15.7 points per game, which ranks fourth on the team. The 66ers are in fourth place in the Eastern Division with an 8-7 record.
Honorable Mention: Renaldo Major, Dakota Wizards, Andre Owens, Anaheim Arsenal, Dijon Thompson, Albuquerque Thunderbirds.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 2, 2007
- D-Fenders Acquire Jason McKrieth - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Nuggets Recall Hodge From D-League - Colorado 14ers
- Kelenna Azubuike Signs with Golden State Warriors - Fort Worth Flyers
- Fobbs returns to Thunderbirds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Arsenal Signs Television Package with Cox Communications - Anaheim Arsenal
- Fobbs Returns to T-Birds - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Warriors Sign Fort Worth Guard Azubuike - G League
- Will Conroy Named D-League Performer of the Week - Tulsa 66ers
- D-League daily developments - G League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.