AquaSox Even Series in Vancouver
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Everett AquaSox had six players with two hits apiece in a wire-to-wire 8-2 win over the Vancouver Canadians on Friday before a sellout crowd of 6,413 at Nat Bailey Stadium.
Utah Jones batted 2-for-4 with two runs scored, two RBI and a stolen base. For Jones, it was his first game with the AquaSox in three weeks after recently returning from AA Arkansas. His two-out two-run single in the eighth inning gave the AquaSox a commanding 7-1 lead.
Left-hander Brayan Perez (2-1) earned the win in relief for Everett. He allowed one run (unearned) in four innings while walking one and striking out five. Perez escaped big jams as the AquaSox were able to turn double plays in the fifth and sixth innings.
Trent Tingelstad batted 2-for-4 with three RBI - he now has 30 for the season.
With the win, the AquaSox improved to 10-4 against Vancouver this season.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 9, 2019
- C's Drop Friday 'Nooner to AquaSox out at Nat Bailey - Vancouver Canadians
- AquaSox Even Series in Vancouver - Everett AquaSox
- Homestand Preview: Dust Devils Are Back August 11th - August 13th - Tri-City Dust Devils
- Wyatt, Walks Snap Hops Streak - Hillsboro Hops
- AquaSox Drop Series Opener in Vancouver - Everett AquaSox
- Hawks Drop 9-3 against Eugene; Toglia Goes Yard Twice - Boise Hawks
- Rested Canadians Find 7-5 Victory over Everett - Vancouver Canadians
- Ems Find Early Gold on Offense in Treasure Valley - Eugene Emeralds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Everett AquaSox Stories
- Everett AquaSox Named 2020 NWL Undefeated Champions
- Everett AquaSox 2020 Season Officially Canceled
- Northwest League Delays 2020 Season
- Time Is Almost up Sign up for the Funko Field At-Home 5K TODAY
- Everett AquaSox Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign