Anaheim Defeats Bakersfield in Thriller
ANAHEIM, Calif.- The Bakersfield Jam held a lead through three quarters but the Anaheim Arsenal were able to break free in the fourth to win 97-95.
Bakersfield (16-12) jumped out to an early lead due to their 4-5 (80%) three point shooting led by Terrance Thomas who finished with 25 points and went 3-3 from downtown.
Anaheim (10-18) was able to counter with a balanced offense where all five starters scored in double digits. James White led the Arsenal with 20 points while reserve forward Ron Allen started and collected 13 points and 9 rebounds in his first start since December.
"Ron gave us a big boost and helped us bounce back against one of the tough teams in the league," said Anaheim coach Sam Vincent. "We were able to move the ball more which resulted in the team having a balanced offense."
Bakersfield's Herbert Hill tallied a double-double with 14 points and 13 rebounds in his third game with the Jam. However, the Arsenal were able to dominate the boards for the night and out rebounded Bakersfield 45-36.
Anaheim continues their home stand against their division rival, the Reno Bighorns, tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. Bakersfield will return home tonight to face off against the Colorado 14ers Sunday at 4:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 7, 2009
- T-birds Defeat D-Fenders - New Mexico Thunderbirds
- Anaheim Defeats Bakersfield in Thriller - Anaheim Arsenal
- Tulsa Drops Idaho in Saturday Shootout - Tulsa 66ers
- Wizards March to 115-92 Win Over the Mad Ants - Dakota Wizards
- "America's Favorite Juggler" to Perform at Halftime of Vipers Game - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Mad Ants Continue Winning Ways In Sioux Falls - Sioux Falls Skyforce
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.