Americans Take on Blazers for Military Appreciation Night
Kennewick, Wash. - Join the Tri-City Americans tonight as they take on the Kamloops Blazers for Columbia Basin Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons Military Appreciation Night. The game will be presented by Townsquare Media and KEPR.
The Americans will wear special Military Appreciation Night jerseys in honor of veterans and active military. All jerseys will be auctioned off following the game on AmsHockeyAuctions.com. Bidding will start at $250 with a Buy It Now option of $650.
There will be a salute to each of the five branches of the military during the game and a silent auction behind section J. A portion of proceed from the auction will benefit military families.
Veterans and Active Military personnel can get discounted tickets to the game simply by showing their Active Military or Veteran ID card at the Toyota Center Box Office. The Americans and Columbia Basin Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons also donated tickets to the Columbia Basin Veterans Center.
The Americans and Blazers will face off for the first of three meetings this season. Tri-City is looking to snap a four game losing streak with an upset victory over the B.C. Division leading Blazers.
The two teams last met in Tri-City on March 8, 2020 - the final game before the season was shut down. Kamloops took a 6-1 victory. Sasha Mutala scored the Americans lone goal that night.
Americans forward Ethan Ernst will play against his younger brother Kamloops netminder Dylan Ernst for the first time in the WHL. Chase Friedt-Mohr is expected to make his debut with the Americans tonight. The defenseman was acquired earlier this week from the Edmonton Oil Kings.
After a series of postponed games due to weather and COVID-19 protocols, the Americans returned to play on Wednesday in Everett. Tri-City struggled to shake off the rust as they fell 6-2 to the Silvertips. Rhett Melnyk and Jake Sloan Tri-City's two goals, both on the power play. Parker Bell had the primary assist on each goal. Sloan and Lukas Dragicevic also had an assist. Five of the night's eight goals were scored on the power play, including the final four straight. Tomas Suchanek played the full game in net for the Americans stopping 46 of 52 shots faced. Tri-City was out shot 52-28.
Record: Tri-City 9-16-4-0 | Kamloops 21-9-1-0
Power Play: Tri-City 23/142 (16.2%) | Kamloops 34/137 (24.82%)
Penalty Kill: Tri-City 15/102 (85.29%) | Kamloops 35/131 (73.28%)
How to Tune In:
Webcast: WHL Live - Sign Up & Watch Here
Radio: NewsTalk 870 KFLD / 98.7 FM - Listen Online
Follow us on social media: Twitter » Facebook » Instagram
Game Program: [AVAILABLE LATER]
Around the Concourse:
Gesa Autograph Booth: Petr Moravec signed bookmarks available after the game - Section 'J'
Jersey Auction: Cole Larocque (Blue) - Washington Lottery Info Booth | Online
Military Night Auction: Many items are being auctioned off during the game behind section 'J' with a portion of the proceeds benefiting military families.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2022
- Hurricanes Sign Goaltender Brady Smith - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- 2 More Pats Games Rescheduled - Regina Pats
- WHL Announces Rescheduling of Two WHL Regular Season Games - WHL
- Americans Take on Blazers for Military Appreciation Night - Tri-City Americans
- Food and Beverage Plan for Home Games - Red Deer Rebels
- Gameday Preview - January 14 at Moose Jaw - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Chiefs Return to Action as they Host Silvertips Friday Night - Spokane Chiefs
- Game Day Hub: January 14 at Seattle - Portland Winterhawks
- Wheat Kings Roll into Red Deer - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Seeley, Gut Collect Four Points Each in 6-2 Win over Tri-City - Everett Silvertips
- Game #34 Preview: Blades at Broncos - Saskatoon Blades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tri-City Americans Stories
- Jackson Smith Signs with Tri-City
- Americans Select Smith Second Overall, Add 11 Prospects in 2022 WHL Prospects Draft
- Americans Select Turner, Rodriguez in 2022 WHL U.S. Priority Draft
- WHL to Host 2022 U.S. Priority and Prospect Drafts this Week
- Hockey Operations Update