Ambush Fail to Fight off the Fury
St. Charles, MO - The St. Louis Ambush fell in a 7-4 contest against the Ontario Fury Friday evening in the Family Arena. This match brought the Ambush to 8-10 on the season and propelled the Fury to 9-8.
In the initial quarter, the Ambush and the Fury displayed fire and energy immediately. Ontario tallied six fouls throughout the period, versus none for the Ambush, and developed a 1-0 lead thanks to Franck Tayou with an assist from former Ambush player Justin Stinson. Going into this matchup, Tayou led the league in both goals and points.
Starting the second quarter off with a newfound energy, JT Thomas earned a goal after only 12 seconds with an assist from Pablo Da Silva. Ontario proceeded to score with one goal by Justin Stinson and two from Juan Carlos Gonzalez. Fury led 4-1 at the half.
Lucas Almeida performed a backheel tap past goalkeeper Chris Toth to reduce the deficit to 4-2. The Ontario Fury quickly retaliated with a goal from Tayou which allotted the team a 5-2 lead.
During the fourth and final quarter, the two teams aggressively rallied back and forth for possession. After approximately seven and a half minutes, JT Thomas attacked a rebound off Toth directly into the back of the net for his second goal of the night. Around two minutes later, Duduca shot a hard driven ball off Felipe's assist to tighten the game up to a 5-4 differential. The gap was widened when Fury's Tayou completed the hat trick and Nestor Herndandez capitalized on the Ambush's sixth attacker attempt to score a long goal from half field. These goals finished out the game with Ontario leading 7-4.
Coming up for the Ambush is an away match against the Milwaukee Wave at the UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena this Sunday, February 23 at 1:07 p.m. CST.
Following Sunday's contest in Milwaukee, the Ambush host the Comets next Sunday, March 1 at 3:05 p.m. CST at the Family Arena. Single game tickets for the remainder of the 2019-20 season are on sale and can be purchased at the Family Arena box office or at ticketmaster.com. Groups of 10 or more can purchase their discounted tickets by calling the Ambush office at 636-477-6363.
• Discuss this story on the Major Arena Soccer League message board...
Major Arena Soccer League Stories from February 21, 2020
- Dallas Sidekicks Visit Cal Express - Turlock Cal Express
- Sidekicks Lose Heartbreaker in California - Dallas Sidekicks
- Comets Comeback Falls Short in Sudden Death - Kansas City Comets
- Wave Take Down Rival Kansas City Comets in Overtime Friday Night - Milwaukee Wave
- Ambush Fail to Fight off the Fury - St. Louis Ambush
- SeaWolves Fall to Blast in Baltimore - Orlando SeaWolves
- San Diego's Road Woes Continue in Texas - San Diego Sockers
- Blast Dominate SeaWolves 13-3 - Baltimore Blast
- Wilkin Brilliant in Lancers Home Loss to Utica - Rochester Lancers
- Bourdeau, Segura Pace Utica City to Win over Rochester - Utica City FC
- Fury Score Early and Often in Big Win - Ontario Fury
- Tropics Look to Start New Win Streak When Sonora Visits Saturday - Florida Tropics SC
- BECU Military Appreciation Night March 13 - Tacoma Stars
- Stars Add Youth Camp on Saturday, March 21st - Tacoma Stars
- Sidekicks Play San Diego Without Landon Donovan - Dallas Sidekicks
- Sockers Acquire Midfielder Gerardo Jurado from Turlock Cal Express - San Diego Sockers
- Thieves Can't Steal Sidekicks' Spirit - Dallas Sidekicks
- Comets Continue Playoff Push Friday, Sunday - Kansas City Comets
- Game Preview - Heat Return Home for Two Weekend Games - Harrisburg Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.