Ambassadors Play First Exhibition Game
The Allentown Ambassadors played the team's first exhibition game today and lost to NCAA Division III tournament bound DeSales University 9-5 in eight innings.
Due to the Ambassadors wanting to see as many of their pitchers as possible and DeSales upcoming tournament appearance, Ambassador pitchers pitched for both teams. The Ambassadors used ten pitchers in all, with Carlos Gonzalez and Nolan Fry both pitching two scoreless innings. Fry, who the Ambassadors invited to spring training following the team's open tryout, had 4 strikeouts and gave up only one hit in his two innings pitching to DeSales.
Gonzalez started the game, pitching against the Ambassadors, and struck out two allowing no hits in his two innings. Blake Boyer, another invitee out of the tryout, pitched a scoreless inning with one strikeout to the Ambassadors.
On the offensive side, Dan Singletary had an RBI single to score the Ambassadors' first run in the fourth inning. Jorge Diaz, batting in the leadoff spot, had two walks and a stolen base. The Ambassadors showed their rust in the field, committing several errors that led to DeSales runs.
The Ambassadors' next exhibition game is Thursday against the New Jersey Jackals in New Jersey. The next home game is this Sunday against the Russian National Team. Game time is 2:05 and tickets are $2 at the gate. Seating is on a first-come, first-serve basis. The game will also be televised on Service Electric TV-2. The Ambassadors' regular season begins with the home opener on May 22nd at 7:05 against the Bangor Lumberjacks. For ticket information, call (610) 437-6800.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from May 13, 2003
- Soto Returns to Atlantic City - Atlantic City Surf
- Surf Drop Pats, Snap Losing Streak - Atlantic City Surf
- Surf take the first game 5-4 against Somerset - Atlantic City Surf
- Lumberjacks Deal Moore to Rio Grande Valley - Bangor Lumberjacks
- Pride Take on Camden in Battle of First Place Teams - American Defenders of New Hampshire
- Spirit to Host Open House and Exhibition Game - North Shore Spirit
- Lumberjacks Re-Sign Hargreaves - Bangor Lumberjacks
- Ambassadors Play First Exhibition Game - Allentown Ambassadors
- Jacks Exhibition Game Moved - Bangor Lumberjacks
- Lumberjacks Exhibition Game Cancelled - Bangor Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allentown Ambassadors Stories
- No Longer Living Here in Allentown
- Ambassadors Reorganize Front Office, Hire New Team President
- Ambassadors Add Merchandise Section to Website
- Ambassadors Attend Tamaqua High School Career Day
- Ambassadors Trade Greg Schmidt to Rox for Mike Davis, Fontella Jones