Alejandro Pozuelo Named MLS Player of the Week
Toronto FC midfielder Alejandro Pozuelo has been named the MLS Player of the Week and to the MLS Team of the Week for Week 8.
In TFC's 4-3 victory over Minnesota United FC on Friday night at BMO Field, Pozuelo scored two goals in the span of 110 seconds -- setting a new club record for fastest brace -- in the 28th and 30th minute, then assisted on Jordan Hamilton's game-winning goal in the 79th minute. This is Pozuelo's first Player of the Week award. Earlier this season he was named to the MLS Team of the Week in Week 5. This season, Pozuelo has made four appearances with four goals and five assists for Toronto FC.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 22, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 22, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Alejandro Pozuelo Named MLS Player of the Week - Toronto FC
- Toronto FC Midfielder Alejandro Pozuelo Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: April 22, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire Academy Goalkeeper Damian Las Called up to U-17 U.S. Men's National Team for 2019 CONCACAF U-17 Championship - Chicago Fire FC
- New York City FC Names Liam Manning Director of Coaching for the Academy - New York City FC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.