AirHogs fall in series opener 8-2
El Paso- After being delayed for an hour due to rain, the AirHogs couldn't click and fell to the El Paso Diablos 8-2 on Friday night at Cohen Stadium. The AirHogs fell behind early and could not get the bats going to catch up. Keanon Simon tried to get a rally going, by going 2-for-4 on the night and scoring a run. Simon also had an RBI for the night. Kenny Held went 1-for-2 and scored the only other run for the AirHogs. Brandon Pinckney got the other RBI on the night. The AirHogs as a team only combined for six hits in the game which is much lower than their past few games against the Lemurs.
Receiving the loss for the AirHogs was newest member of the team Cole Green who went only three innings on the mound and gave up five earned runs. Marshall Schuler came into the game early and threw three innings. He only gave up one run on three hits and struck out four. Jakob Cunningham went two-thirds of an inning giving up no hits and no runs. Josh Renfro also registered two strikeouts in an inning and a third of work.
The AirHogs and Diablos will meet again Saturday night at 7:05 P.M. at Cohen Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from June 8, 2013
- Saints Can't Solve Hinson in 7-2 Loss to Wingnuts - St. Paul Saints
- Padgett's 900th RBI Leads KC to Victory - Kansas City T-Bones
- McDonald's Whopper Helps 'Nuts Beat Hamburger - Wichita Wingnuts
- Birds Hang on to Clinch Series in Gary - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Ninth-Inning Rally Not Enough in RailCats 8-6 Loss - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Goldeyes still can't solve Fargo - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- RedHawks Hold off Goldeyes Rally, - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saltdogs Start Saturday Moved to 7:30 - Lincoln Saltdogs
- He Returns All-Time Franchise Home Run, RBI Leader Ole Sheldon Re-Signs with Saints - St. Paul Saints
- T-Bones to Host Annual "Bark in the Park" on Sunday - Kansas City T-Bones
- RedHawks Trade Cesar, Assign Cruz to Inactive List - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Diablos New Players Make Impact, Monasterios Starting Tonight - El Paso Diablos
- RailCats Sign Former First-Round Pick - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - June 8th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- AirHogs fall in series opener 8-2 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs