AirHogs Drop Opener to Amarillo 9-6
Amarillo- Coming off a 5-1 home stand the Grand Prairie AirHogs traveled to Amarillo to try to claim second place outright in the South Division but fell to the Sox 9-6 at Sox Stadium Monday night. Despite 11 hits for the team they just were not able to capitalize and beat the Amarillo Sox. In the game Palmer Karr Jr. went 3-for-4 with a run scored and an RBI. Andres Rodriguez went 2-for-4 driving in two runs and scoring twice himself. Angel Flores also went 2-for-4 in the game. Flores came across the plate once as well. Of the AirHogs six runs, they scored four of which in the sixth but could not muster any more in the game.
Jared Mortensen receives the loss for the AirHogs going 5.2 innings allowing seven runs, six earned, on 12 hits. Mortensen struck out five of the Sox he faced. Derrick Miramontes closed out the sixth allowing two hits but no runs. David Quinowski closed out the game pitching the final two innings allowing two runs on one hit. The Amarillo Sox were able to take the AirHogs deep three times in the game. Grand Prairie hopes for game 2 to keep the ball in the park.
Game 2 against the Sox is set for Tuesday night at Sox Stadium at 7:05 P.M. The AirHogs hope to tie second place in the division again Tuesday with a win.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from July 30, 2013
- Explorers Steal Middle Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Saints Bats Explode in 11-1 Trouncing of RedHawks - St. Paul Saints
- Baumann Placed On Inactive List - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Sell Your Stuff with the RailCats - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Wichita Wingnuts Game Notes - July 30th, 2013 - Wichita Wingnuts
- T-Bones Sign Zagone - Kansas City T-Bones
- Righty Jackson Added to Goldeyes Pitching Staff - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- 'Dogs Beef Up with Doubles Leader, Righty Starter - Lincoln Saltdogs
- T-Bones Promotions: July 30-Aug. 1 - Kansas City T-Bones
- He's Back: Abercrombie Joins Birds - Sioux Falls Canaries
- American Association Results - AA
- Diablos Sneak Past Wingnuts in Ninth - Wichita Wingnuts
- Diablos win marathon game in the ninth - El Paso Diablos
- AirHogs Drop Opener to Amarillo 9-6 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs