Admirals Sign Forward Jamie Bates to ATO
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals have signed forward Jamie Bates to an Amateur Tryout, Admirals General Manager Claude Loiselle announced today.
Bates is a 23-year-old, 6-foot-3, 210-pound native of Toronto, Ontario. The forward finished his fourth full season at Quinnipiac University, a Division I member of the NCAA. Bates concluded his collegiate career with 123 total points (52 goals, 77 assists).
In 34 games this season, Bates totaled 34 points with 11 goals and added 23 assists. He became the 26th player to score 100 points in Quinnipiac history. He led the Bobcats to a 20-15-4 record and a birth in the quarterfinals of this years ECACHL tournament.
Bates' 123 points now rank 11th in Quinnipiac history on the all-time scoring list and stands 8th all time at since the school joined the Division I level in 1998. Last season, Bates tallied 12 power play goals, which led the ECACHL and was second in the NCAA. A finance major, Bates was named an ECACHL All-Academic Team selection in 2006-2007.
The Admirals will conclude their eight-game homestand tomorrow night with a rematch against the Monarchs at 7:15. Immediately following the game, the Admirals will hold their annual MDA Jersey Auction Presented by PAPCO. The special alternate jerseys worn by the Admirals tonight and tomorrow will be sold right off the players' backs during a live auction on the ice. All proceeds go to the local chapter of the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
To purchase tickets to any Admirals game, you may visit the Scope Box Office weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., visit any Ticketmaster outlet, call Ticketmaster at (757) 671-8100 or visit Ticketmaster online at www.ticketmaster.com. To purchase Admirals season tickets, ten packs or group tickets, please stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope or call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2008
- P-Bruins defeat Pirates 7-1 - Providence Bruins
- Rampage Blank Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Rockford's three game winning streak ends - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Overthrow Monarchs - Norfolk Admirals
- Stars hold out against Ice Hogs - Iowa Chops
- Griffins Enjoy Huge Crowd, Shot Margin but Fall 5-2 - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Three Wilkes-Barre/Scranton goals in the second period haunt Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- No Southern Comfort For Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Devils Upend Sharks, 4-3 - Albany Devils
- Bourque's four goals leads Bears over Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Marlies powerplay kills Moose point streak - Manitoba Moose
- Sharks Score Late, Devils Hold On - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals Sign Forward Jamie Bates to ATO - Norfolk Admirals
- Howard and Emmerton Join Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Goaltender Reichenbach Returns from AHL Tucson
- Admirals Agree to Terms with Goaltender Sergey Liulchuk
- Admirals Earn a Point in 3-2 Shootout Loss at Jacksonville
- Gladiators Overcome Slow Start to Defeat Admirals 5-3
- Game Preview: Gladiators at Admirals, November 10, 2018