Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Glens Falls
GLENS FALLS, N.Y. - Peter Holland scored his team-leading ninth goal of the season, but the Norfolk Admirals (7-9-0-0) were unable to come back from a two-goal deficit as they fell to the Adirondack Phantoms (8-8-0-0), 2-1, on Friday night at the Glens Falls Civic Center. The Admirals wrap up their brief two-game road trip tomorrow night from Hartford against the Connecticut Whale at 7:00 p.m.
Goaltender Frederik Andersen (4-4-0) stopped 29 of 31 shots in the defeat. Norfolk has lost four consecutive games.
After a scoreless opening period, Adirondack quickly took a 2-0 lead in the first three minutes of the second stanza. Sean Couturier gave Adirondack a 1-0 lead just 1:23 into the second period with a one-timer from the right circle.
Just 49 seconds later, the lead doubled as Rob Bordson faked a slap shot from the right circle, skated into the slot and sent a wrist shot past Andersen at 2:02.
The Admirals cut their deficit to one goal with only 31 seconds remaining in the second period. Devante Smith-Pelly sent a pass from near the goalmouth to Holland in the right circle. Holland scored his team-leading ninth goal of the season to make the score 2-1 heading into the third period.
The Admirals out-shot the Phantoms, 12-5, in the final frame but were unable to find the equalizer. Munroe ended the game with 25 saves on 26 shots.
Both teams were 1-for-4 on the power play.
The Admirals wrap up their brief two-game road trip tomorrow night from Hartford, CT, against the Connecticut Whale at 7:00 p.m. Tune in at 7:00 p.m. to 102.1-FM, 1490-AM, 1021TheGame.com or AHLLive.com.
The Admirals return to Scope next Wednesday in the first meeting of the season with the Hershey Bears. The puck drops at 7:15 p.m. in the second Admirals Value Night of the season, with Family Fun Packs and Student Rush Night tickets available.
Family Fun Packs include four discounted Red Level Tickets plus four free hot dogs, four free popcorns and four free sodas. Fans get all of that for just $54 - that's a savings of $37!
Student Rush Nights provide $9 White Level Tickets (normally $17 on game nights) for students with a valid current high school or college ID. In addition, when you buy a Student Rush Night Ticket, you get a buy-one, get-one free offer for the next Student Rush Night.
Family Fun Packs are available at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 or online at Ticketmaster.com. Student Rush Night Tickets are available ONLY at the Scope Box Office after 2:00 p.m. on the day of the game.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime.
1. Scott Munroe - ADK
2. Erik Gustafsson - ADK
3. Sean Couturier - ADK
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2012
- Heat Beat Stars 1-0 in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Fall to Houston, 2-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Back to Back: Phantoms Prevail 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Outscored by Whale 7-5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cole's Late Tally Leads to Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Abbotsford Slips by Texas 1-0 in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Tatar's Two Push Griffins Past Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Can't Snap Winless Streak - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Edged by Senators 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Saad's Third Period Tally Lifts Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall in Shoot-Out to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs' Friday Gets Darker - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale defeat Sound Tigers - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Battle Through Wild Second Period, Surrender in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- Black Friday No Bargain for Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Extend Win Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Hamilton Finds a Good Deal in Manchester on Black Friday - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Lose at Rochester - Albany Devils
- Fontaine Leads Houston Aeros to 2-1 Win in San Antonio - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Glens Falls - Norfolk Admirals
- TVA Sports, TSN Radio 690, Sirius XM All to Broadcast Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flynn, Brennan Power Amerks to 5-2 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Fans Invited to Grey Cup Viewing Party at Copps Coliseum Following Bulldogs Game Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Recall Courtnall - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Take on Texas Twice Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds More American Hockey League Action - AHL
- Falcons Players to Transform into Celebrity Servers Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Adds More American Hockey League Games to Schedule - AHL
- Amerks Ticket Discount Available on Specially Marked Pepsi Cans - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Portland, Game #15 - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Sign Rod Pelley to PTO; Assign Gabe Guentzel to ECHL Fort Wayne - Norfolk Admirals
- Darcy Kuemper Reassigned to Orlando, Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Sign Defenseman Cullity - Springfield Falcons
- Park and Ride Continues for this Weekend's Games - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Goaltenders Madsen and Brodeur Return to Admirals
- Admirals Collect a Point, But Fall in Shootout 5-4
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 12, 2019
- Comeback Bid Falls Short as Orlando Edges Norfolk
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Admirals, January 11, 2019