Admirals Fall in Shoot-Out to Peoria
Peoria, IL-- In their first foray into a shootout in the 2012-2013 season, the Milwaukee Admirals lost to the Peoria Rivermen, 5-4, Friday in Peoria.
Milwaukee's four shooters failed to score in the shootout. T.J. Hensick and Jaden Schwartz scored for Peoria.
The Ads did gain a point, but are now alone in fifth place in the Midwest Division with 14 points.
Peoria took a 1-0 lead at 14:55 of the first period when Schwartz was able to get by Ads defenseman Scott Valentine and lift a shot over the glove of goalie Jeremy Smith.
The Rivermen extended the lead to two just 26 seconds later. A clearing attempt was held above the right circle by Peoria forward Sebastian Wannstrom. His shot to the net was deflected in the air and lofted just over Smith off the crossbar. Sergey Andronov tapped the puck into the net for the goal.
The Admirals got on the board at 6:25 of the second period when Michael Latta scored his second goal of the season. Latta skated into the slot from the left wing boards and sent a shot along the ice inside the right post. Mark Van Guilder and Josh Shalla recorded the assists. The assist marked Shalla's first AHL point.
The Admirals tied the game at 4:21 of the third period when Joonas Jarvinen scored his first AHL goal (and point). Jarvinen's shot from the left faceoff dot was blocked. He followed his shot, though, and wrapped it around the net inside the right post for the tally. Assists went to Ryan Ellis and Cam Reid. It was Reid's first AHL point.
Evgeny Grachev gave the Rivermen a 3-2 lead at 6:57 of the third period when he slapped a loose puck into the net after a scramble in front of the Ads goalie.
Milwaukee tied the game when Mark Van Guilder slapped a shot into the net after a scramble at the other end of the ice. Van Guilder's fourth of the season was assisted by Michael Latta and Shalla at 12:28 of the third period.
The Admirals took the lead for the first time at 12:58 of the third period on Austin Watson's fifth goal of the season. Daniel Bang and Ben Ryan recorded the helpers.
The Admirals play the sixth game of a season long seven-game road trip Saturday night in Chicago. The Ads aren't home again until they host Chicago on Friday, November 30.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com . Groups of 10 or more receive significant discounts off the original ticket price. For more information, or to purchase group tickets, fans can call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2012
- Heat Beat Stars 1-0 in Overtime - Abbotsford Heat
- Rampage Fall to Houston, 2-1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Back to Back: Phantoms Prevail 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sound Tigers Outscored by Whale 7-5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Cole's Late Tally Leads to Shootout Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Abbotsford Slips by Texas 1-0 in Overtime - Texas Stars
- Tatar's Two Push Griffins Past Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monsters Can't Snap Winless Streak - Cleveland Monsters
- Crunch Edged by Senators 2-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Saad's Third Period Tally Lifts Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Admirals Fall in Shoot-Out to Peoria - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs' Friday Gets Darker - Manchester Monarchs
- Whale defeat Sound Tigers - Connecticut Whale
- Falcons Battle Through Wild Second Period, Surrender in Overtime - Springfield Falcons
- Black Friday No Bargain for Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- B-Sens Extend Win Streak to Five Games with 2-1 Win over Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Hamilton Finds a Good Deal in Manchester on Black Friday - Worcester Sharks
- Devils Lose at Rochester - Albany Devils
- Fontaine Leads Houston Aeros to 2-1 Win in San Antonio - Houston Aeros
- Admirals Can't Complete Comeback in Glens Falls - Norfolk Admirals
- TVA Sports, TSN Radio 690, Sirius XM All to Broadcast Hamilton - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flynn, Brennan Power Amerks to 5-2 Win over Devils - Rochester Americans
- Fans Invited to Grey Cup Viewing Party at Copps Coliseum Following Bulldogs Game Sunday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Recall Courtnall - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Take on Texas Twice Next Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sportsnet Adds More American Hockey League Action - AHL
- Falcons Players to Transform into Celebrity Servers Tuesday - Springfield Falcons
- SiriusXM NHL Network Radio Adds More American Hockey League Games to Schedule - AHL
- Amerks Ticket Discount Available on Specially Marked Pepsi Cans - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield at Portland, Game #15 - Springfield Falcons
- Admirals Sign Rod Pelley to PTO; Assign Gabe Guentzel to ECHL Fort Wayne - Norfolk Admirals
- Darcy Kuemper Reassigned to Orlando, Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Falcons Sign Defenseman Cullity - Springfield Falcons
- Park and Ride Continues for this Weekend's Games - St. John's IceCaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.