Admirals Battle for Point in OT Loss
San Antonio, TX - The Milwaukee Admirals rallied from a three-goal third period deficit to force overtime, but Mitch Reinke scored his second of the game 33 seconds into overtime to give the San Antonio Rampage a 5-4 win on Sunday afternoon at AT&T Center.
The Admirals played their fourth overtime game in the last five, earning a standings point after trailing 4-1 entering the third period.
Yakov Trenin started the run at 5:28 of the third when he took the rebound from a Scott Savage shot that went wide, kicked hard off the dasher board behind the goal and directly to the stick of Trenin at the right circle, who scored his 12th of the season. Colin Blackwell (8th) netted a power play goal on a shot from the left point with 5:55 remaining in the third, and Frederic Allard (4th) took a rebound off a Filip Pyrochta shot that was gathered by Adam Helewka, and scored the tying goal just 46 seconds after Blackwell's goal.
Reinke's game winner in OT was his second power play goal of the game, as the Rampage went 2-for-7.
Jordan Nolan and Jordan Kyrou had first period goals to give the Rampage a 2-1 lead after 20 minutes, while Jarred Tinordi (6th) scored his second in as many games. Tanner Kaspick and Reinke built the lead to 4-1 through two periods.
The Admirals outshot the Rampage 30-23, and Milwaukee was 1-for-3 on its power play opportunities. The Admirals committed seven minor penalties, including the first four of the game.
The Admirals return to UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena on Tuesday night to face the Texas Stars at 7 p.m., the opening game of a three-game homestand.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2019
- Special Teams Guide Wild to 5-4 Win against Ontario - Iowa Wild
- Roadrunners Come Close in Colorado; Fall 2-1 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Reinke's Big Day Nets Overtime Win - San Antonio Rampage
- Colorado Tops Tucson 2-1 to Capture Fourth-Straight Win - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Battle for Point in OT Loss - Milwaukee Admirals
- San Diego Gulls Release Goaltender Christian Frey from PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Lorito scores twice and Bridgeport wins seventh straight game on Sunday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Vecchione Scores Late But Phantoms Fall 3-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Split Weekend with 4-1 Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Top Amerks, 4-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Defeat the T-Birds 5-2 - Providence Bruins
- T-Birds Late Chances Come up Just Short in Providence - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Roy - San Diego Gulls
- Game #52 Preview: Tucson at Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Coyotes Recall Demers from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Claw Barracuda 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Reign's Late Surge Shocks Iowa - Ontario Reign
- Condors Extend Division Lead with 5-2 Win over San Jose - Bakersfield Condors
- Roadrunners Can't Claim Extra Point in 3-2 Overtime Loss to Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.