Adam Russell Recalled By San Diego; Alexis Lara Added To Active
PORTLAND, Ore. - The San Diego Padres today recalled right-handed pitcher Adam Russell from Portland and placed right-handed pitcher Chris Young on the disabled list (retroactive to April 7) with a strained right shoulder. Also, right-handed pitcher Alexis Lara was transferred to Portland from Class A Lake Elsinore.
Russell, 26, has appeared in one game for the Beavers thus far, taking the loss in Friday's game against Sacramento after allowing four runs (3 earned) in one inning of relief. Russell was acquired by the Padres on July 31, 2009, from the Chicago White Sox along with pitchers Dexter Carter, Aaron Poreda and Clayton Richard in exchange for right-handed pitcher Jake Peavy. Russell went 3-1 with a 3.65 ERA in 15 appearances with San Diego to round out the season.
Lara, 23, was 1-1 with a 22.50 ERA in three games with the Storm. Signed as a non-drafted free agent in 2006, he went 4-0 with a 3.03 ERA in 52 games with Class A Fort Wayne in 2009.
With today's moves, the Beavers' roster remains at its 24-man limit.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 12, 2010
- Isotopes Outlast Zephyrs in Home Opener, 14-8 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Liz Leads 1-0 Blanking of Sky Sox - Portland Beavers
- Benson Pitches Reno Past Salt Lake, 7-2 - Reno Aces
- Z's Drop Road Opener - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Ramirez Leads Round Rock Express Past Oklahoma City, 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Cubs Earn First Victory in 2010 - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Rally Late Against Royals, Improve To 5-0 - Nashville Sounds
- Adam Russell Recalled By San Diego; Alexis Lara Added To Active - Portland Beavers
- Reckless Kelly Softball Jam Returns April 25 - Round Rock Express
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Opening Homestand Packed With Fun, Value - Fresno Grizzlies
- Sky Sox Opening Weekend Packed With Exciting Promotions - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss