2007 Eastern League All-Star Game
PORTLAND, ME - Eastern League President Joe McEacharn and the member clubs of the Eastern League are pleased to announce the Connecticut Defenders will be hosting the 2007 Eastern League All-Star Game. The game will be played at Dodd Stadium in Norwich, Connecticut on Wednesday, July 11th, 2007.
The 2007 Eastern League All-Star Game will feature a collection of the top players from the Southern Division taking on a roster of All-Stars from the Northern Division. Each All-Star roster will consist of 24 players, with each Eastern League franchise being represented by at least one pitcher and one position player and a maximum of six players total. The All-Star rosters for each team will be selected through a combination of fan balloting and selections from media, managers, team and Eastern League front office personnel.
"Bringing the 2007 Eastern League All-Star Game to Norwich is an extension of the commitment the Defender's ownership group and City of Norwich have made to making Double-A Baseball a success in the region, " said Eastern League President Joseph McEacharn. We look forward to showcasing the Major League stars of tomorrow to the eastern Connecticut region and are equally pleased to showcase new and improved Dodd Stadium and the surrounding area to the entire league. This game represents a great opportunity to thank the fans and partners of the Defenders for their on- going support."
Tickets for the 2007 Eastern League All-Star Game will first go on sale during the Defenders annual World Series Party Wednesday, October 25 at the Hard Rock Cafe.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 2, 2006
- Childers shutout helps Thunder to DH split - Trenton Thunder
- Connecticut Comes From Behind To Beat B-Mets - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Reading wins DH opener, 2-0, in 11 innings - Trenton Thunder
- New Hampshire clinches the season series from Portland - Portland Sea Dogs
- Fisher Cats win 1-0 marathon for 7th straight - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Spiehs fuels 5-4 win with his bat - Connecticut Defenders
- Kevin Millar and Bob Ganley Inducted into Sea Dogs Hall of Fame - Portland Sea Dogs
- Heavy rains force postponement of Saturday Curve doubleheader - Altoona Curve
- Tonight's SeaWolves Game Postponed - Erie SeaWolves
- Defenders to host 2007 EL All-Star Game - Connecticut Defenders
- Defenders drop fifth straight game to Mets - Connecticut Defenders
- 9/2 B-Mets Game Notes @ Connecticut - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Portland Sea Dogs Recap - Portland Sea Dogs
- Brandon Moss Named Allied Home Mortgage Big Dog of the Year - Portland Sea Dogs
- 2007 Eastern League All-Star Game - Connecticut Defenders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.