Chivas USA Weekly UpdateMarch 5, 2013 - Major League Soccer (MLS) Club Deportivo Chivas USA
Chivas USA (0-1-0) continues its two-game home stand this Sunday, March 10, when it faces FC Dallas (1-0-0) at The Home Depot Center in its first Western Conference battle of the 2013 campaign. The Red-and-White and FCD faced each other three times last season and all resulted in ties. The sides played to a scoreless draw at FC Dallas Stadium on June 23 and later met two more times in October to conclude the 2012 campaign. The Rebaño Angelino came away with a 1-1 draw in the rematch (10/7) at The Home Depot Center on a Jorge Villafaña goal and came away with a 2-2 tie in the series and season finale at Dallas on Oct. 28.
INJURY REPORT AS OF MARCH 5, 2013
QUESTIONABLE: Jorge Villafaña (L ankle sprain)
PROBABLE: Juan Agudelo (R foot contusion)
HISTORY OF CHIVAS USA VS. FC DALLAS
Chivas USA All-Time Record vs. FC Dallas
MLS Regular Season: 5-10-7
Home: 3-5-2 (14 GF, 16 GA
Away: 2-5-5 (10 GF, 13 GA)
All-Time Scoring: Chivas USA - 24, FC Dallas - 37
Last Match vs. FC Dallas
Chivas USA 2, FCD 2; Oct. 28, 2012 - FC Dallas Stadium
The Rojiblancos stormed back to come away with a 2-2 draw at Dallas in the season finale. FCD had a two-nil lead as stoppage time approached, when sub Laurent Courtois cut the lead in half on his goal from inside the left side of the box to beat goalkeeper Kevin Hartman to his right inside the left post. Deep into stoppage time, forward Juan Agudelo evened the score on a Courtois assist. Agudelo gathered the pass inside the box, squared up and punched it in for the score.
GOATS NOTES AND FACTS
SuperClÃ¡sico on the Horizon
The first leg of the SuperClÃ¡sico is steadily drawing near. The first installment of the cross-hall rivalry is programmed for March 17 with the Galaxy serving as hosts at The Home Depot Center during the 2 p.m. match. Chivas USA will play host once in the three-game series on June 23.
Seven Rojiblancos Make Their MLS Debuts with 'Chelis'
Last Saturday-s season opener marked the MLS debut new Head Coach Jose Luis Sanchez Sola "Chelis," as well as seven current members of the Red-and-White roster. Defenders Mario de Luna, Joaquin Velazquez and Walter Vilchez; midfielders Edgar "El Chore" Mejia, Giovani Casillas and Marvin Iraheta; and forward Julio Morales logged their first minutes and were part of the starting eleven. In addition, midfielder Eric Avila also made his debut for Chivas USA, having come to Chivas USA via trade in the off-season. In all, eight players made their debut with the Rebaño Angelino.
Major League Soccer Stories from March 5, 2013
- Davis' Late Goal Lifts Dynamo over Santos Laguna 1-0 in Champions League - Houston Dynamo
- Chivas USA Weekly Update - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- CSN's "State of the Revs" Returns - New England Revolution
- Revs Eye Return to Postseason in 2013 - New England Revolution
- Chandler Hoffman Ready for a Fresh Start with the Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Philadelphia Union Announce Reading United Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United Signs 2013 MLS SuperDraft Pick Taylor Kemp - D.C. United
- Quebec Goalkeeper Maxime Crepeau Makes the Jump - Montreal Impact
- Whitecaps FC Launch Saskatchewan Academy Centre - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Quarterfinals Commence in CONCACAF Champions League - This Week in MLS - MLS
- Dynamo Host Santos Laguna in First Leg of Champions League Quarterfinals Tonight - Houston Dynamo
- Sal Zizzo Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Veteran Journalist Richard Fleming to Join Rapids as Director of Broadcasting - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids and Altitude Announce New Broadcast Talent for 2013 - Colorado Rapids
- Chicago Fire Names WPWR My50 Chicago as Official Television Partner - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Sign Matt Kassel - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.