Chivas USA Youth Academy Trio Called up to U.S. U-14 BNT Training Camp
CHICAGO (Thursday, Oct. 9, 2014) - The U.S. Soccer Federation today announced the 48-player roster for the Under-14 Boys' National Team that will participate in an eight-day domestic training camp at the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. from Oct. 11-19, which includes Chivas USA Youth Development Academy products Efrain Alvarez, Cesar Rivera and Ulysses Llanez.
All three players are currently in their second season with Chivas USA's Academy after standout performances in which they led the Red-and-White U-13 squad to a pair of titles.
"The boys have worked really hard on every single detail in order to reach this dream," said Chivas USA U-14 Head Coach Brian Kleiban. "They understand the responsibility that comes with representing your country, and they are also aware that this is just the first step of many ahead of them. They are all very humble and I trust they will work hard and have the right mentality to make an immediate impact in this camp."
The group will play a pair of intrasquad games on Oct. 15, and a third one on Oct. 18 at 3 p.m. (PT). Following the third contest, the group will go against Academy club team Arsenal FC's U-13/14s at 5 p.m. (PT).
Currently playing in the 2014/15 U.S. Soccer's Development Academy (USSDA) season, Alvarez has already notched a team-high five goals. Llanez has tallied two goals so far in the early season, while Rivera, a versatile defender, has been key in keeping the Red-and-White back line organized and also displayed the ability to go forward and build up attacking plays.
While on international duty, the Red-and-White Academy players will miss their squad's league match against the San Diego Surf on Oct. 18. For all the latest news and updates on the Chivas USA Youth Development Academy, follow the club on Twitter: @ChivasUSAYouth and @cdchivasusa.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 9, 2014
- Injured Todd Dunivant Hopes to be Back in Time for Playoffs - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Name Ivan Pierra Director of Sports Medicine Department - LA Galaxy
- Sporting KC to Clinch Playoff Berth with Win Friday Night - Sporting Kansas City
- LA Galaxy U-17's to take part in Generation adidas Cup Regional in Portland - LA Galaxy
- Crucial Lineup Decisions Ahead for Crew - Columbus Crew SC
- Columbus Crew SC Unveiled in Downtown Ceremony - Columbus Crew SC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Sanctions Red Bulls Forward Péguy Luyindula - MLS
- Chivas USA Youth Academy Trio Called up to U.S. U-14 BNT Training Camp - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Houston Dynamo Academy Midfielder Marcelo Palomino Named to U.S. U-14 National Team - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Academy Update - D.C. United
- Orlando City Cup Youth Soccer Tournament Returns for Second Year - Orlando City SC
- Revolution Wary of Already-Eliminated Montreal - New England Revolution
- Major League Soccer Announces Change to October 26 Kickoff Time - Columbus Crew SC
- Kickoff Time for Regular Season Finale vs. Columbus Moved to 4:00 - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy to Host First MLS Cup Playoff Match on Sunday, November 9th - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Move into Playoff Position in Western Conference Standings - Portland Timbers
- Shorthanded Earthquakes Fall 3-0 on Road against Portland Timbers - San Jose Earthquakes
- Deric, Barnes Come up Big in Dynamo Victory - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club Deportivo Chivas USA Stories
- Chivas USA Shutout SJ Earthquakes 1-0 in Season Finale
- Chivas USA Fall in Road Finale, 2-0, at Real Salt Lake
- Chivas USA's Season Finale Kickoff Time Rescheduled
- Chivas USA Knock off Colorado Rapids, 2-1, in Series Finale
- Chivas USA Youth Academy Trio Called up to U.S. U-14 BNT Training Camp