Drazenovic Recalled By Columbus, Cullity Assigned To IdahoFebruary 13, 2013 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Springfield Falcons
Drazenovic has a share of the Falcons lead with 45 points (16g-29a), placing the sixth-year pro into a tie for third place in the league in scoring along with teammate Jonathan Audy-Marchessault. The 26-year-old from Prince George, British Columbia is on a five-game point streak dating back to Jan. 26 (3g-5a), his third of that length in 2012-2013, and is +8. Drazenovic notched 41 points (13g-28a) in 41 games with the Falcons in 2011-2012, his first season with the club.
This marks the first time Drazenovic has been recalled by Columbus since signing with the Blue Jackets in the summer of 2011. He has played in three NHL games in his career, going scoreless with a -3 rating with the St. Louis Blues in 2010-2011.
Drazenovic skated with the Peoria Rivermen, St. Louis' primary developmental affiliate, during the first four seasons of his career from 2007 to 2011. In 365 AHL games between Springfield and Peoria, Drazenovic has 99 goals and 147 assists for 246 points.
Cullity has skated in seven games this season with the Falcons and is +1 with no points. He has played in 27 contests this year with Idaho, garnering eight points (2g-3a) with an even rating.
A third-year pro, Cullity played the majority of the 2011-2012 campaign with the Falcons, posting his first-ever AHL goal and adding eight assists for nine points while checking in at +1 in 44 contests. Cullity also participated in five games with the Abbotsford Heat and in 20 outings with the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies last year, notching one assist each with the two clubs.
In his rookie season of 2010-2011, Cullity saw action in 71 of 72 games with the ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays, scoring two goals and adding 15 assists for 17 points, tying for second among the club's defensemen in scoring, and sharing the team lead at +14.
Cullity, a product of Tewksbury, Mass. commenced his professional career with Syracuse at the end of the 2009-2010 campaign, playing in five games with the Crunch. He is under a one-year AHL contract with Springfield.
The Falcons return home for three games over three days this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the MassMutual Center.
Fans attending Friday's "Battle of the Bay State" against the Worcester Sharks, presented by Comcast, will have the opportunity to win a brand new, high-definition television courtesy of Manny's TV & Appliances as part of "Flat-Screen Friday." As part of USA Hockey's "Hockey Weekend Across America," the Falcons encourage all fans to wear their favorite hockey jersey to The Nest on Friday evening.
On Saturday, when Springfield welcomes the Portland Pirates back to the Pioneer Valley, the first 1,000 fans into the building will receive a Falcons winter hat, courtesy of Health New England. Fans can also win a free bicycle from Gus Coelho Auto Repair at 442 Holyoke St. in Ludlow as part of "Cycle Saturday."
The Falcons will hold their annual team poster giveaway, courtesy of Friendly's, on Sunday versus the Adirondack Phantoms. Following the action, fans are invited to participate in a postgame skate, presented by Western New England University, before having their posters signed by Falcons players in the MassMutual Center concourse.
Friday and Saturday's games begin at 7:00 p.m. Sunday's contest starts at 3:00 p.m.
Single-game tickets to see the Falcons in 2012-2013 can be purchased at the MassMutual Center Box Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. through game time on Saturday home dates, and starting four hours prior to Sunday home contests. Fans can also purchase tickets by logging onto Ticketmaster.com. For information about discounted group packages to Falcons home games, call (413) 739-GOAL (4625).
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2013
- Porter Scores Two in Win over Rockford - Peoria Rivermen
- Back and Forth Affair Goes Peoria's Way - Rockford IceHogs
- Devils Streak Ended by Crunch - Albany Devils
- Crunch Special Teams Power Past Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Emerson Etem Re-Joins Admirals from Ducks; Holland and Maroon Called up by Anaheim - Norfolk Admirals
- Albany Devils Weekly - Albany Devils
- Penguins Assign McNeill to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Houston Aeros Sign Goalie John Curry - Houston Aeros
- Kings Announce Roster Moves - Manchester Monarchs
- It's Your Lucky Day for Season Tickets - Rockford IceHogs
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Campbell Agrees to Terms on AHL Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sentry Alarms Presents a Hockey Double Header with Heart this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Toronto Marlies Weekly - Toronto Marlies
- Drazenovic Recalled By Columbus, Cullity Assigned To Idaho - Springfield Falcons
- Marlies Sign Goaltender Drew Macintyre to PTO - Toronto Marlies
- SJ Sharks Reassign Right Wing Matt Pelech to Worcester - Worcester Sharks
- Rangers Assign Defenseman Steve Eminger to Connecticut for Conditioning - Connecticut Whale
- Whale's Version of "The Smurfs" Comes up Huge - Connecticut Whale
- Labatt Blue AHL Bubble Hockey Tournament of Champions Dates Announced - Springfield Falcons
- Button & Cross Head South - Providence Bruins
- Abbotsford Heat Announce Country Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Popular PBS Character Arthur to Visit Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Players To Participate In Interactive Hockey Event At Tower Square - Springfield Falcons
- Flames Reassign Goaltender Danny Taylor - Abbotsford Heat
- Worcester Sharks Road Game That Postponed on February 10 Rescheduled - Worcester Sharks
- Coyotes Recall Rundblad, Assign Stone to Portland - Portland Pirates
- B-Sens Recall Goaltender Marc Cheverie from Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Worcester Sharks to Host Online Jersey Auction to Benefit Cup Crusaders - Worcester Sharks
- Hockey Weekend Across America Preview and Kevin Kaminski on latest Edition of Puska on Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Winnipeg Jets Jets Recall Eddie Pasquale from IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Columbus Blue Jackets Name Jarmo Kekalainen General Manager - Springfield Falcons
- Aeros Squeeze by Stars 2-1 in a Shootout - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Weekly - Dax Bobblehead Night - Adirondack Phantoms
- Heat Beaten 2-1 by Admirals to Open 12-Day Trip - Abbotsford Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.