Energy Roll Past Springfield 105-89February 1, 2013 - NBA Development League (D-League) Iowa Energy
Iowa fell behind 27-20 after one quarter but rallied to take a 50-46 lead into the halftime break. Iowa quickly extended their lead to 16 points at 65-49 early in the third before a 10-0 run by Springfield cut the lead to six.
Trailing 83-78 with 8:52 left in the game, the Armor used a 5-0 run to cut the lead to one at 83-82 with just over five minutes remaining. With the game on the line, Iowa scored 11 straight points to put the game away, giving Wilson his first professional win.
Othyus Jeffers led the Energy with 20 points and 10 rebounds while Paul Harris (19 points, 10 rebounds) and Quincy Miller (13 points, 11 rebounds) added double-doubles. Julyan Stone, assigned to Iowa earlier in the day by the Denver Nuggets finished with 7 points, 10 rebounds and 5 assists. The win moves the Energy to 7-18 on the season.
Willie Reed led the Armor with 18 points while Ben Uzoh finished with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Iowa scored 68 points in the paint compared to 46 for Springfield.
The same two teams meet tomorrow night in Des Moines at 7pm. That game is the Energy's annual 70's Night game. For tickets, visit www.DahlsTickets.com, call 564-8550 or stop by the arena box office.
For more information, visit www.IowaNBA.com.
NBA Development League Stories from February 1, 2013
- Sloan's Triple-Double Helps Lead Skyforce Past Bighorns - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- D-Fenders' Four-Game Winning Streak against Stampede Snapped on Road - Los Angeles D-Fenders
- Stampede Rolls Past D-Fenders - Idaho Stampede
- Tulsa Holds off Erie - Tulsa 66ers
- Energy Roll Past Springfield 105-89 - Iowa Energy
- Santa Cruz Warriors Defeat Texas Legends - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Bighorns Fall to Sioux Falls in Overtime - Reno Bighorns
- Houston Rockets Re-Assign Jones to NBA D-League Affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers - D-League
- Plumlee Recalled - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Luke Harangody Named Player of the Month - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Fort Wayne's Luke Harangody Named NBA Development League Player of the Month - D-League
- Spurs Assign Aron Baynes to Austin Toros - Austin Toros
- San Antonio Spurs Assign Aron Baynes to NBA D-League Affiliate Austin Toros - D-League
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.