Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. ToledoJanuary 31, 2013 - ECHL (ECHL) - Cincinnati Cyclones
TOLEDO WALLEYE (23-17-0-4)
DATE: Thursday, January 31, 2013
TIME: 7:30pm ET
SITE: U.S. Bank Arena - Cincinnati, OH
WEBCAST: CyclonesHockey.com (America One)
Cincinnati Cyclones: Florida Panthers, Nashville Predators
Toledo Walleye: Detroit Red Wings, Chicago Blackhawks
NEXT HOME GAME (After Tonight)
Tuesday, February 12 vs. Fort Wayne Komets - 7:30pm
BIG BEER TUESDAY / NASCAR NIGHT
TONIGHT'S MATCHUP: Riding a five-game point scoring streak, the Cyclones are back home tonight and will play the first of just three more games against their closest North Division rival - the Toledo Walleye. The season series is about as close as it can get; the Clones have posted a 2-2-1 record against the Fish this season - with their goals for and against totals even at 16. The All-Time Series has been airtight as well - Cincinnati's record vs. Toledo since 2006 is 28-28-2-1.
TONIGHT'S PROMOTION: Thirsty Thursday / Greek Night - Fans 21+ can enjoy $1 PBR and Miller High Life. Plus, fans are encouraged to wear their fraternity and sorority letters to the game!!
SCOUTING THE WALLEYE: After going on an early month slide, Nick Vitucci's club has surged to wins in four of its last five games and sit just seven points back of the Cyclones coming into the night. Much like Cincinnati, the Walleye have been among the ECHL's best in team defense, allowing an average of 2.77 goals per game (6th best). On the offensive side, Willie Coetzee and Andrej Nestrasil are Toledo's top two scorers. Coetzee has earned 37 points (18 goals, 19 assists) in 42 games while Nestrasil has amassed 36 tallies (10 goals, 26 assists) in 34 contests and leads the team with four game-winning goals. Between the pipes, Jordan Pearce and Kent Simpson have shared the workload for most of the year. Pearce has gone 12-7-0-1 this season with an ECHL 8th best 2.48 goals-against average. Simpson is 9-9-0-3 with a 2.77 GAA.
Hold "Em to Three: During each of the last five games, the Cyclones have held their opponent to three goals or less. They have an astounding 23-3-4-1 record this season in such situations. In fact, their last 10 wins have come this way.
Remarkable Rookie: Cyclones first-year center David Pacan has continued to excel. He has risen all the way to fifth among all active ECHL rookies with 35 points (10 goals, 25 assists) in 36 games. He ranks second on the Cyclones in scoring.
SEASON SERIES (8 TOTAL, 3 REMAINING)
Oct. 19 Cincinnati 2 at Toledo 3 Final OT
Nov. 21 Toledo 4 at Cincinnati 2 Final
Nov. 23 Cincinnati 4 at Toledo 2 Final
Dec. 1 Cincinnati 3 at Toledo 4 Final
Dec. 28 Cincinnati 5 at Toledo 3 Final
Jan. 31 Toledo at Cincinnati 7:35 pm EST
Feb. 24 Cincinnati at Toledo 5:05 pm EST
Mar. 8 Toledo at Cincinnati 7:35 pm EST
ECHL Stories from January 31, 2013
- Toledo Blanks Cyclones, 2-0 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Reign and Kings to Host Royal Poker Shootout - Ontario Reign
- DiDiomete Called-Up to Chicago - Colorado Eagles
- ECHL Transactions - January 31 - ECHL
- Thunder Hosts "Hockey with Heart" on Friday - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Partners with Rebels, Jedi, and the Empire for Third "Star Wars Night" - Stockton Thunder
- Solar Bears Hold "BE GREAT Classic for Kids" - Orlando Solar Bears
- Elmira Trade Brings Campanale to Wranglers - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Cyclones Game Preview - Cincinnati vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Elmira Jackals Announce Host of Roster Moves - Elmira Jackals
- Bulls Return Home for Thirsty Thursday, Take on the Reign - San Francisco Bulls
- Solar Bears Unveil Turner Cup Championship Banner on Saturday, February 2nd - Orlando Solar Bears
- Walleye Goaltender Jimmy Spratt Is Back - Toledo Walleye
- Lafranchise Returns to Aces from AHL - Alaska Aces
- Forward Tyler McNeely Loaned to Lake Erie - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - January 31 - ECHL
- Bulls Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Stockton - San Francisco Bulls
- Wranglers Soar over Condors, 4-2 - Las Vegas Wranglers
- 6,497 fans witness Thunder comeback victory over division counterpart - Stockton Thunder
- Three Goal Second Proves Difficult to Overcome for Titans - Trenton Titans
- Boyd Extends Streak, But Condors Falter Late in 4-2 Loss to Wranglers - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.