Goaltender Marco Cousineau Reassigned to AdmiralsDecember 15, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Norfolk Admirals
Cousineau, 6-feet, 205-pounds, has appeared in three games this season for Norfolk's ECHL affiliate, the Fort Wayne Komets, posting a 1-1-0 record with a 3.71 goals-against average and .888 save percentage. The 23-year-old from St. Lazare, Qu"bec, has appeared in six career American Hockey League games - all with Syracuse last season - posting a 3-2-0 record with a 3.32 goals-against average and .904 save percentage.
Cousineau has split his first three seasons of professional hockey between the AHL, ECHL and CHL. In 48 career ECHL games between the Komets and Elmira Jackals, he has a 22-18-5 record with a 3.28 GAA and .897 SV%. In 25 career CHL games with the Allen Americans, Cousineau has a 16-4-4 record with a 2.53 GAA and .911 save percentage.
Selected by Anaheim in the third round (83rd overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, Cousineau made his professional debut with Elmira in 2010-11, posting a 21-16-5 record with a 3.23 GAA and .898 SV%. The 6-0, 195-pound goaltender played four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) from 2006-10, going 84-67-12 with a 3.11 GAA and .897 SV% in 176 games. In 2007-08, Cousineau led the QMJHL in wins, finished fourth among league goaltenders in GAA and was also named to the QMJHL Second-Team All-Star squad. In 2008-09, he helped Drummondville to the QMJHL's President's Cup championship while being named the most outstanding goaltender of the Memorial Cup Tournament.
Cousineau re-signed with Anaheim as a restricted free agent on July 17, 2012.
The puck drops tonight at Scope between the Admirals and Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 7:15 p.m. in Pucks 'n' Paws Night to benefit the Virginia Beach SPCA and Chesapeake Humane Society. Also tonight, the Admirals will hold their second post-game skate of the season where fans can skate at Scope with their favorite Admirals following the game. A limited number of skates will be available or fans may bring their own skates.
Don't miss a minute of Admirals action by purchasing your season tickets today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime.
American Hockey League Stories from December 15, 2012
- Heat Edge Stars 2-1 in Shootout - Texas Stars
- Hogs Bit by Dogs, Fall 6-4 - Rockford IceHogs
- Kevin Poulin makes season-high 50 saves in shootout loss - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Toronto Defeats Rochester 4-3 in a Shootout - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters Outshoot But Can't Outscore Chicago - Lake Erie Monsters
- Dogged Determination Leads Admirals to Comeback Win - Norfolk Admirals
- Dogs Chop Hogs 6-4 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rampage Fall at Oklahoma City, 5-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Crunch Shut out Penguins 4-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Force Overtime Late, Earn Point - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Squeak Past Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Third Period Leads to Fourth Straight Win - Peoria Rivermen
- Voyn-OFF to the Races - Manchester Monarchs
- Sharks Stun Bears 4-3 in Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Slip Past Falcons in OT - St. John's IceCaps
- Sharks Come Back to Defeat Bears in Shootout - Hershey Bears
- Devils Get Point, Lose in Shootout - Albany Devils
- Pirates shut out Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Penguins Shut Out by Crunch - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bruins Outlast Devils in Shootout - Providence Bruins
- Sterling and Ebbett Lead Wolves to Third Straight Win - Chicago Wolves
- Texas Stars Release Cam Barker from PTO - Texas Stars
- Hogs and Bulldogs Face off Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Checkers Sweep Houston - Charlotte Checkers
- Checkers Shutout Houston Aeros 3-0 - Houston Aeros
- Defenseman Ben Blood Reassigned to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Statement from Albany Devils GM Chris Lamoriello on Defenseman Matt Corrente - Albany Devils
- Hamilton Bulldogs Release Darryl Boyce from PTO - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Goaltender Marco Cousineau Reassigned to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Defenseman Brett Flemming Returned to Reading - Hershey Bears
- Falcons Game Preview: Springfield Vs. St. John's, Game #24 - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Fall to Stars 3-1 in Teddy Bear Toss - Abbotsford Heat
- Stars Take Down First Place Abbotsford 3-1 - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.