Pat ChatDecember 3, 2012 - Western Hockey League (WHL) - Regina Pats
Friday, November 30th - Pats 3 @ Raiders 5
After not registering a shot for either team in the first five minutes, it was an offensive barrage from the Raiders the rest of the way. They peppered Matt Hewitt with 53 shots on the evening, but the Pats goaltender was equal to the task as he turned away 48 of them on the night. The Pats came from behind to even the game at 3-3 on a goal from Adam Brooks, but Mike Winther's second of the game and Leon Draisaitl's marker pushed the Raiders to the 5-3 win.
Saturday, December 1st- Spokane 6 @ Pats 5 OT
Spokane jumped out to two goal lead early in the first, but Morgan Klimchuk would explode for five points as the Pats carried a 5-4 lead into the third period on the strength of Klimchuk's career performance. The Chiefs would tie the game in the third period and then Regina-area product Tyler King scored in overtime to hand Spokane the victory.
Sunday, December 2nd - Raiders 8 @ Pats 2
The Raiders picked up where they left off Friday with a strong effort against the Pats. Matt Hewitt held Regina in the game early with some great saves, but couldn't stem the tide as the Raiders would score two in the first then three in the second and third periods. Colten Mayor scored both goals for the Pats to total four points in his last two games.
Quote of the Week
"Sometimes you have to have a throwaway game and maybe that's our throwaway. I'm not surprised by it. Let's face it, the dam was going to burst. You know what? No one feels sorry for you. It was a good lesson for our kids. You can't ever go "woe is me.' (The Raiders) were pounding us over there and the coach kept throwing out their number one powerplay against us. Maybe I'm from a different school of thought or maybe a different era, but I just said to (the players), "Remember that! Put that in your memory bank for the next time.' They want to rub your face in it. No one should like it." - Pat Conacher after the Pats' loss on Sunday (Courtesy Greg Harder, Leader-Post)
"You realize how tough it is to play in this league and how much you want it. You realize whether you want to stick it out and figure out how much you like hockey. At the start of the year, I knew it was fun, but being with all the guys out there was a good experience. I liked it." - Colby Williams on the Pats long B.C. Division road swing
(Courtesy Ian Hamilton, Leader-Post)
The Week Ahead
Wednesday, December 5th - Red Deer @ Pats (Jordan Eberle Jersey Retirement Night)
The Pats honour Jordan Eberle before puck drop, but then it's business as usual as the Blue and White look to break out of a slump. The Pats won their last contest against the Rebels in the Brandt Centre with some last minute heroics from Chandler Stephenson who scored the game winner with only 16 seconds remaining.
Saturday, December 8th - Pats @ Saskatoon
In their last visit to the Credit Union Centre, the Pats were involved in a wild affair that almost saw them come back from a heavy deficit in the third period. The game was an unruly one with 159 penalty minutes dished out between the teams.
Sunday, December 9th - Saskatoon @ Pats (Teddy Bear Toss/Family Day)
After their matchup in Saskatoon, the Pats and Blades make their way to Regina for an early 2 p.m. puck drop. With the teams fresh off their contest the previous night, it's sure to be an intense matchup between the highway rivals.
Monday, December 3rd - No Practice - Pat Conacher Media Availability 1:00-1:15
Tuesday, December 4th - Practice 2:00-3:30 p.m. (Brandt Centre) - Media Availability 1:00-1:15 p.m.
Wednesday, December 5th - Red Deer at Pats - 7 p.m. (Brandt Centre)* - Jordan Eberle Jersey Retirement
Thursday, December 6th - Practice 2:00-3:30 p.m. (Brandt Centre) - Media Availability 1:00-1:15 p.m.
Friday, December 7th - Practice 2:00-3:30 p.m. (Brandt Centre) - Media Availability 1:00-1:15 p.m.
Saturday, December 8th - Pats at Saskatoon - 7:05 p.m. (Credit Union Centre)*
Sunday, December 9th - Saskatoon at Pats - 2 p.m. (Brandt Centre)*
*Broadcast on CKRM
Jordan Eberle Jersey Retirement Night
The big day is finally on the horizon as the Pats will honour Jordan Eberle Wednesday when they face off with the Red Deer Rebels. Be on hand for one of the biggest Game Nights of the Pats season as Jordan sees his number seven join the other Pats greats in the rafters. Groups of ten or more can attend the game for $7 per person. For more information, call Matt at the Pats Office, 522-PATS.
Teddy Bear Toss/Family Day
The fur will be flying when the Pats face Saskatoon on Sunday. Fans are encouraged to bring a new plush toy to toss on the ice when the Pats score their first goal of the game. After the 2 p.m. game, there will be an open skate with the Pats players. Special Family Packs are available including two adult tickets, two youth tickets, four hot dogs and four drinks all for $48. Visit the Brandt Centre Box Office to pick yours up today.
Wednesday, December 5th - vs. Red Deer (Jordan Eberle Jersey Retirement Night)
Sunday, December 9th - vs. Saskatoon (Teddy Bear Toss/Family Day)
Western Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2012
- Silvertips Recall Defenseman Micheal Zipp - Everett Silvertips
- Week in Review - Kamloops Blazers
- Chiefs Insider Airs Tuesday Night on SWX - Spokane Chiefs
- Teddy Bear Night and Movember a Success - Kamloops Blazers
- Tyler Alos to Retire from Hockey - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Broncos Acquire Lernout from Blades - Swift Current Broncos
- Raiders Acquire Draft Pick - Prince Albert Raiders
- Chiefs Weekly Report - Spokane Chiefs
- Jordan Eberle Night Wednesday - Regina Pats
- Weekly Ice Report - Kootenay Ice
- Yakubowski Player of the Week - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Lethbridge Hurricanes' Jaimen Yakubowski Named Denny's WHL Player of the Week - WHL
- Engel Earns Player of the Month Honors in November Fan Vote - Prince George Cougars
- Three Winterhawks Invited to Canada's National Junior Team - Portland Winterhawks
- Rockets Sissons Named to Team Canada's WJHC Tryout Roster - Kelowna Rockets
- Reinhart and Brossoit Invited to Junior Team Selection Camp - Edmonton Oil Kings
- 37 Players Invited to Canada's 2012 National Junior Team - WHL
- Rielly Recieves World Jr. Invite - Moose Jaw Warriors
- McNeill Invited to World Junior Selection Camp - Prince Albert Raiders
- Lipon to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - Kamloops Blazers
- Tip Top Tailors Player Of The Month Named - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Raiders this Week - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pat Chat - Regina Pats
- T-Birds Drop Blazers - Seattle Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.