Record Number Of Bears From The BearsDecember 3, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Hershey Bears
The BEARS and Admirals will play their third game in eight days this coming Thursday in the Washington AHL Showcase, set to be put on display at Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. - the home of the BEARS' NHL affiliate Washington Capitals. HERSHEY then heads north on Friday for a matchup with their arch rival Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. The team returns home on Saturday for their first game against the Hamilton Bulldogs since February 11, 2009.
BEARS NEWS AND NOTES
SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN: The BEARS will meet up with the Norfolk Admirals in the Washington AHL Showcase on Thursday at 7:00 PM. The game is being hosted at Verizon Center, the home of the BEARS' NHL affiliate Washington Capitals - despite the game officially being a home contest for Norfolk.
WEEKS TO REMEMBER: RW Jon DiSalvatore had his best week of the season, registering three goals, two assists and a plus-2 rating. He is now tied for second on the BEARS in scoring, and after recording his 500th career AHL point on November 25, is poised for another milestone as his next game will be his 700th in the AHL.
GOALS FROM THE BLUE: D Tomas Kundratek scored his sixth goal of the season on Saturday against Norfolk, and is now tied for fifth among AHL defensemen in goal scoring. All six of Kundratek's goals have also come on home ice.
PAIRS PLUS: The defense pair of Patrick McNeill and Dmitry Orlov had a good week, combining for two goals, three assists and a plus-7 rating.
HAMILL TIME: C Zach Hamill saw his four-game point streak snapped on Saturday. The streak was the longest by a BEARS player this season. Hamill shows four goals, four assists and a plus-8 rating over his last eight games played.
TAFFE AT THE TOP: C Jeff Taffe also saw a personal point streak snapped at three games on Saturday. Over his last four games, Taffe has recorded one goal, five assists and a plus-2 rating.
CLIMBING THE LADDER: Two BEARS players recently moved up in all-time HERSHEY history. D Patrick McNeill recorded two goals to push his career total to 138 points (31 goals, 107 assists) and moved past Barry Ashbee into eighth place in all-time scoring by a BEARS defenseman. Additionally, G Braden Holtby's win on Friday was the 68th of his HERSHEY tenure, tying him with Claude Dufour for eighth place all-time in BEARS goaltender wins.
American Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2012
- December 3 Heat vs Rampage Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Monarchs Sign Rodney - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Poapst Among 2013 ECHL Hall of Fame Class - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch Return Defenseman Landry to Florida - Syracuse Crunch
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Della Rovere Recalled from Evansville - Peoria Rivermen
- Bulldogs Continue Road Trip With Visits To Syracuse And Hershey - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Kennedy and Sateri Lead Sharks to First Place in Atlantic - Worcester Sharks
- Schultz & Eberle Named AHL Monthly Award Winners - Oklahoma City Barons
- Zatkoff Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Eberle, Schultz, Zatkoff Named American Hockey League Monthly Award Winners - AHL
- Oilers Assign Rajala to Stockton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Sign Deck to PTO - Oklahoma City Barons
- Hot Hogs Propel to the Top - Rockford IceHogs
- Whale Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester's Tim Kennedy Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Worcester Sharks Host Bruins on Saturday on Matt Irwin Bobblehead Night - Worcester Sharks
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Mark Scheifele Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp - St. John's IceCaps
- Albany Devils Sign Stephen Gionta - Albany Devils
- The Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- Islanders Reassign Clark to Gwinnett - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Record Number Of Bears From The Bears - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.