2012 Big East Men's Soccer Championship Won't be Held at Red Bull ArenaNovember 6, 2012 - Major League Soccer (MLS) New York Red Bulls
"Due to Hurricane Sandy and the issues still existing in its aftermath, we regretfully cannot host the 2012 BIG EAST Men's Soccer Championship for the third-straight year at Red Bull Arena," said Red Bulls General Manager JérÃ´me de Bontin. "We already have limited resources at our current disposal in hosting the MLS Cup Playoffs and want to ensure that if we did have the tournament, we could promise the BIG EAST's players, staff and fans a safe and professional experience. We want to thank the BIG EAST for their work and understanding in this unfortunate time and look forward to continuing our strong relationship with the conference and college soccer in general in the future."
Today, the BIG EAST announced that the semifinals and final have been moved to PPL Park in Chester, PA.
Major League Soccer Stories from November 6, 2012
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Viewing Parties for Thursday's Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Hosts Houston on Wednesday in Leg 2 of Conference Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Host LA Galaxy Wednesday in Second Leg of Western Conference Semifinal - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bulls-D.C. United Square off at Red Bull Arena Tomorrow Night - New York Red Bulls
- 2012 Big East Men's Soccer Championship Won't be Held at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- This Week in MLS - Eight Become Four by Thursday Night - MLS
- Sounders FC Announce Playoff Broadcast Information - Seattle Sounders FC
- RSL-Seattle Western Conference Semifinal Leg 2 Moved to 8 p.m. MT - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.