Sporting KC Hosts Houston on Wednesday in Leg 2 of Conference Semifinals
Sporting Kansas City hosts the Houston Dynamo at 8:00 p.m. CT on Wednesday at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park in the decisive second leg of the Eastern Conference Semifinals in the 2012 MLS Cup Playoffs. Standing-room only tickets for the match are on sale now and a limited number of seats are id=10004&minorcatid=11 available online at Ticketmaster.com or at the LSP Box Offices.
The match, sponsored by Budweiser, will be broadcast locally on KSMO-TV with Callum Williams and Jake Yadrich on air beginning at 7:00 p.m. CT from LSP. The game will also be streamed online at MLSSoccer.com.
Sports Radio 810 WHB will carry the match and will go live from the LSP Members' Club with Todd Leabo and Nate Bukaty from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m. CT during Between the Lines with Kevin Kietzman. The official radio home of Sporting Kansas City, the station will dedicate four hours of coverage for the Conference Semifinal starting at 7:00 p.m. CT and concluding with The Final Whistle: Sporting KC Postgame show.
Spanish listeners can tune in to La Gran D 1340 AM for live coverage on Wednesday night.
The mid-week match-up comes three days after Houston prevailed 2-0 in the opening leg on Sunday at BBVA Compass Stadium with goals from Adam Moffat and Will Bruin. The victory sees the Dynamo enter Wednesday's rematch with a two-goal advantage in the two-game, aggregate goal series.
If Sporting Kansas City wins by two goals on Wednesday, then two 15-minute extra time periods will be played in their entirety, followed by penalty kicks, if necessary. If Sporting Kansas City wins by three or more goals on Wednesday, then the team will advance to the Eastern Conference Championship for the second straight year.
Sporting Kansas City, the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference, have scored two goals in three of their last four home matches this season and have scored two or more goals on 16 occasions in the postseason all-time. The club has won by two or more goals 14 times in MLS competition in the last two seasons, including a 3-0 victory over Houston last season at LSP and a 2-0 triumph in last year's Eastern Conference Semifinals second leg.
In the postseason for the 11th time in the team's 17-year history, Sporting Kansas City is 12-4-2 at home in the postseason while the Dynamo are 4-4-3 on the road in six playoff campaigns. Sporting KC is 3-1-1 all-time in the month of November at home with three 2-0 victories in those five matches.
Houston, the No. 5 seed in the Eastern Conference, will be playing the team's third game in an eight-day span after advancing from the Knockout Round with a 2-1 victory at the Chicago Fire on Oct. 31.
Prior to the match, Sporting Kansas City fans are encouraged to stop by the Sporting KC tent in Lot F across from the Sprint Gate from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. CT for an opportunity to record video messages sharing their support for the club. Selected participants will be chosen to appear in a television commercial for the 2013 season.
Following the match, the Members' Club and Shield Club at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park will be open to all ticket holders with food and beverages available to purchase.
Sporting Kansas City supporters can follow the match online via http://www.twitter.com/skcgameday%20@SKCGameday on Twitter and the http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2012-11-07-SKC-v-HOU%20MLSSoccer.com%20MatchCenter, or on mobile devices with the http://moblico.com/apps/gallery/sporting%20Sporting%20Explore%20and%20http://www.mlssoccer.com/mobile MLS MatchDay apps.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 6, 2012
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Viewing Parties for Thursday's Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Hosts Houston on Wednesday in Leg 2 of Conference Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Host LA Galaxy Wednesday in Second Leg of Western Conference Semifinal - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bulls-D.C. United Square off at Red Bull Arena Tomorrow Night - New York Red Bulls
- 2012 Big East Men's Soccer Championship Won't be Held at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- This Week in MLS - Eight Become Four by Thursday Night - MLS
- Sounders FC Announce Playoff Broadcast Information - Seattle Sounders FC
- RSL-Seattle Western Conference Semifinal Leg 2 Moved to 8 p.m. MT - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting KC Announces 2018 Club Awards
- U.S. MNT Returning to KC for 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Sporting KC Seals Playoff Berth in 1-1 Tie with LA Galaxy
- Preview: Playoff Berth up for Grabs as Sporting KC Hosts LA on Saturday
- Sporting KC's Felipe Gutierrez Set to Join Chile National Team