Earthquakes Host LA Galaxy Wednesday in Second Leg of Western Conference Semifinal
SAN JOSE, Calif. - The San Jose Earthquakes host the LA Galaxy in their Western Conference Semifinal, presented by Kaiser Permanente, on Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 8 p.m. PT on ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and 1590 KLIV. San Jose holds a 1-0 aggregate lead heading into the match and needs a win or a tie to advance. Overtime will be played if the series aggregate is tied at the end of regulation with a shootout to follow should the match remain tied.
The Earthquakes defeated the Galaxy 1-0 in the first leg of the series on Sunday at The Home Depot Center. Defender Victor Bernardez scored the lone goal with a 40-yard free kick in the 94th minute.
Wednesday's match is sold out, but fans can still secure a seat by placing a $50 deposit on 2013 season tickets. For more information, visit www.sjearthquakes.com or call 408-556-7700. Tickets are also on sale for the Western Conference Final at www.sjearthquakes.com or by calling 1-800-225-2277. Groups of 10 or more should call the Earthquakes Front Office at 408-556-7700 or email email@example.com .
Should the Earthquakes advance, they would face the winner of Thursday's Real Salt Lake-Seattle Sounders FC (7 p.m. PT / NBC Sports) match in the Western Conference Final.
Who: San Jose Earthquakes vs. LA Galaxy
Where: Buck Shaw Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif.
When: Wednesday, Nov. 7 at 8 p.m. PT
Broadcast: ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and 1590 KLIV (English Radio)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 6, 2012
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Viewing Parties for Thursday's Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Hosts Houston on Wednesday in Leg 2 of Conference Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Host LA Galaxy Wednesday in Second Leg of Western Conference Semifinal - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bulls-D.C. United Square off at Red Bull Arena Tomorrow Night - New York Red Bulls
- 2012 Big East Men's Soccer Championship Won't be Held at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- This Week in MLS - Eight Become Four by Thursday Night - MLS
- Sounders FC Announce Playoff Broadcast Information - Seattle Sounders FC
- RSL-Seattle Western Conference Semifinal Leg 2 Moved to 8 p.m. MT - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Quakes Forward Chris Wondolowski and Chico State Teammates to Host Soccer Camp to Benefit Camp Fire Victims
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2019 MLS Season
- Earthquakes Break the Mold with $250 Season Pass
- Quakes to Dedicate Winterfest to Camp Fire Victims
- Avaya Stadium to Host U.S. MNT Friendly against Costa Rica February 2