RSL-Seattle Western Conference Semifinal Leg 2 Moved to 8 p.m. MT
SANDY, Utah (Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012) - Real Salt Lake announced on Tuesday that Thursday's Western Conference Semifinal series second leg against Seattle Sounders FC at Rio Tinto Stadium will now kickoff at 8 p.m. MT and will be shown live on NBC Sports Network.
Rio Tinto Stadium gates will open at 6:30 p.m. MT on Thursday.
Real Salt Lake is looking for a team record seventh-consecutive sell-out and seeking to extend the club mark to 12 sellouts in 20 home games this season. Fans are encouraged to show up early on Thursday, showing their RSL Pride by wearing red and - of course - being loud.
A limited number of tickets to the match are still available and can be purchased online at www.RealSaltLake.com, at the Rio Tinto Stadium box office or by calling (801) 727-2700.
RSL played Seattle to a scoreless draw in the series' first leg at CenturyLink Field on Friday, Nov. 2. GK Nick Rimando had a performance for the ages in that match, making incredible stop after incredible stop and overcoming both a facial laceration - which required three stitches - and a broken nose to keep his fourth-straight clean sheet across all competitions.
Friday's result means that the Claret-and-Cobalt simply needs a win of any kind on Thursday night to advance to the Western Conference Final series. If RSL and Seattle are tied after regulation, the match will go into a 30-minute extra time period. If the sides' remain tied after the extra time period, the series will be decided by a penalty kick shootout.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 6, 2012
- Sounders FC Invites Fans to Viewing Parties for Thursday's Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sporting KC Hosts Houston on Wednesday in Leg 2 of Conference Semifinals - Sporting Kansas City
- Earthquakes Host LA Galaxy Wednesday in Second Leg of Western Conference Semifinal - San Jose Earthquakes
- Red Bulls-D.C. United Square off at Red Bull Arena Tomorrow Night - New York Red Bulls
- 2012 Big East Men's Soccer Championship Won't be Held at Red Bull Arena - New York Red Bulls
- This Week in MLS - Eight Become Four by Thursday Night - MLS
- Sounders FC Announce Playoff Broadcast Information - Seattle Sounders FC
- RSL-Seattle Western Conference Semifinal Leg 2 Moved to 8 p.m. MT - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Real Salt Lake Stories
- Real Salt Lake Opens Arizona Stint with 4-1 Win over Phoenix Rising FC
- Real Salt Lake Drops Pacific Rim Cup Final 3-1
- Real Salt Lake Ousts Iwaki FC in Pacific Rim Cup Opener
- Real Salt Lake Signs Liberian FW Sam Johnson as a Designated Player
- Real Salt Lake Announces Stronger Together Campaign for 2019 Season