El Paso Rallies Past X'sAugust 11, 2012 - American Association (AA) Sioux City Explorers
The Explorers fell behind early, trailing 3-0 after three innings, but came back and scored four runs in the fourth inning on three hits to take a 4-3 lead. The Diablos tied the game at 4-4 with a run in the bottom of the fourth, but the Explorers had their biggest inning of the season, scoring six runs in the fifth inning and lead 10-4. The highlight of the fifth was the grand slam home run by Peter Barrows, his second grand slam home run of the season. Barrows also had two doubles in the game and drove in five runs.
Even after six innings the Explorers were leading 10-5, but that is where El Paso took over. The Diablos scored four runs in the seventh and the Explorers still led 12-9. In the eighth inning Chris Bodishbaugh could not hold the lead for the second straight game. He gave up five straight hits before the first out was recorded and the Diablos took the lead for good 13-12.
There were a total of 25 runs, 35 hits and 12 walks issued between the two teams in a game that lasted nearly four hours.
The second game of the three-game series will be played Saturday at Cohen Stadium with game time set for 8:05.
American Association Stories from August 11, 2012
- Saints Work Extra for 4-3 Win over Amarillo - St. Paul Saints
- Gulbransen, Offense Extend Win Streak to Six - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lemurs Win Big Over Airhogs - Laredo Lemurs
- Gary Staves off Late 'Dogs Charge for 6th Straight Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Keep Coming, Smash AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Pheasants lose lopsided contest to Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Ramon's Blast Kick Starts Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- T-Bones Drop Pair to Worcester, 8-1 and 8-1 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Sneak by Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Sign Left-Handed Pitcher Sinclair - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Claim Canadian Morari off Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- El Paso Rallies Past X's - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.