Lemurs Keep Coming, Smash AirHogs
LAREDO, Texas - A day after getting 15 hits, the Laredo Lemurs pounded out 14 hits against the Grand Prairie AirHogs, and for the second night in a row, they won, beating the AirHogs 13-5 at Uni-Trade Stadium on Saturday.
Laredo (36-43) scored two runs in the first on Nick DeBarr (12-5), getting an RBI double from John Allen and a groundout from Javier Brito. Grand Prairie (44-36) responded with a two-out rally in the second, on singles from Scott Clement and Alberto Espinosa, and a three-run home run from Kenny Held.
But the AirHogs' lead was short-lived, as the Lemurs got all three runs back in the bottom of the second to take the lead for good. A hit batter, walk and sacrifice bunt started things, and Stephen Douglas's two-run double, a groundout and a wild pitch made it 5-3.
Laredo got two more in the fourth and one in the fifth, before Trent Lockwood pulled the AirHogs to within 8-5 with a two-run home run against Ryan Sasaki (4-2).
But the AirHogs bullpen gave up five runs in the next two innings, and Laredo's held the AirHogs to no runs in 3 2/3 as the Lemurs beat the AirHogs for the fifth time in their last six meetings.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 11, 2012
- Saints Work Extra for 4-3 Win over Amarillo - St. Paul Saints
- Gulbransen, Offense Extend Win Streak to Six - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Lemurs Win Big Over Airhogs - Laredo Lemurs
- Gary Staves off Late 'Dogs Charge for 6th Straight Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Lemurs Keep Coming, Smash AirHogs - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Pheasants lose lopsided contest to Fargo-Moorhead - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Ramon's Blast Kick Starts Win - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- T-Bones Drop Pair to Worcester, 8-1 and 8-1 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Goldeyes Sneak by Wingnuts - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints Sign Left-Handed Pitcher Sinclair - St. Paul Saints
- Goldeyes Claim Canadian Morari off Waivers - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- El Paso Rallies Past X's - Sioux City Explorers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Prairie AirHogs Stories
- Weekend Ballpark Parking Announced
- AirHogs Outduel Lemurs
- AirHogs Rally late to Beat ThunderHeads
- Even Year Old Heart Recipient Throws Out Ceremonial First Pitch
- AirHogs Walk Over Lemurs