Blue Crabs Outlast Ducks in 13 InningsAugust 3, 2012 - Atlantic League (AtL) Long Island Ducks
The Ducks exploded for a four-run first inning off Blue Crabs starter Deinys Suarez. A RBI double by Ray Navarrete, a two-run single by Bryant Nelson and a run-scoring fielder's choice off the bat of Timo Perez highlighted the scoring. Southern Maryland tied the game with single runs in the second and third and two in the fourth off Ducks starter Adam Rowe. RBI singles for Sergio Pedroza, Jesse Gutierrez and Jeremy Owens along with a solo homer from Christian Lopez did the damage.
After the Blue Crabs took a 5-4 lead in the fifth, Brandon Sing launched a solo homer, his third of the series, to tie the game at five in the sixth. Then, after Southern Maryland scored two runs in the bottom of the sixth to jump back in front, Timo Perez launched a two-run homer to right in the eighth, his first as a Duck, to tie the game at seven.
Both teams exchanged zeroes until the bottom of the 13th inning when an infield single by Mike Daniel brought home Matt Padgett with the winning run.
Rowe gave up four runs (three earned) in four innings of work, while Suarez yielded five runs in six innings, but neither factored into the decision. Charlie Manning (4-3) got the win, tossing two scoreless innings of relief, and Jared Lansford (0-2) suffered the loss, surrendering a run in one and two-thirds innings.
The Ducks return home on Friday to open a nine-game homestand, as they battle the cross-sound rival Bridgeport Bluefish. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m., with the Bethpage Ballpark gates opening at 6:05. The Ducks will be running their Friday Night Pizza Hut K-Man promotion. If the Pizza Hut K-Man strikes out in the game, fans can redeem their game ticket for free breadsticks at a participating Pizza Hut location. Right-hander Chris Flinn gets the start for Long Island against Bridgeport southpaw Paul Oseguera.
Tickets for the game and all Ducks home games are available by visiting the Bethpage Ballpark Box Office, calling (631) 940-TIXX, or going online to www.liducks.com. Fans unable to make the game can follow all the action live on the radio at MyCountry 96.1 FM and online at www.liducks.com by clicking the Watch Live icon on the homepage. Streaming video and audio will be provided by iBN, the Internet Broadcast Network.
Atlantic League Stories from August 3, 2012
- First Inning Blasts Propel Barnstormers - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Ducks Drop Series Opener against Bluefish - Long Island Ducks
- Barnstormers Power Past Patriots 12-7 - Somerset Patriots
- Splendid Stuff from Skeeters in Win, 5-2 - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Slam Leads Bluefish to Ferry Cup - Bridgeport Bluefish
- Lancaster Defeats Somerset 12-7 in Series Opener - Somerset Patriots
- Feierabend Steams Crabs In Weekend Opener - York Revolution
- Somerset Patriots Sign Piscataway's Corey Smith - Somerset Patriots
- Barnstormers Strike It Rich In Seventh, Down Camden - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Blue Crabs Outlast Ducks in 13 Innings - Long Island Ducks
- Skeeters Drop Finale, 10-6 - Sugar Land Skeeters
- Patriots Win 10-6 over Skeeters - Somerset Patriots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.