Maikel Jova Extends Hitting Streak To 36 GamesJuly 25, 2012 - North American League (NAL) San Rafael Pacifics
Jova singled to centerfield off Hawaii Stars starter Ronnie Loeffler, then collected a second hit off Loeffler in the sixth - an infield hit to third.
Chase Fontaine hit his fourth home run of the season in the second inning, giving San Rafael (24-13) a 1-0 lead. Steve Boggs, Henry Calderon and Johnny Woodard all collected hits, and Darrick Hale scored a run.
Pacifics starter Brian Gump (4-2) pitched seven innings, allowed season-highs with eight hits, six runs, walked one and struck out six Stars (19-18).
Loeffler (6-1) went 8 innings, allowing six hits, three runs and five strikeouts, beating San Rafael for the third time in four starts in 2012.
The loss snaps San Rafael's franchise-best five-game winning streak, but the Pacifics have still won 8 of 10, dating back to July 6.
San Rafael owns a five-game lead over the Stars and the Maui Na Koa Ikaika atop the North American League's North Division.
The Pacifics (24-12) and Stars (19-18) continue their six games series on Wednesday night, with first pitch scheduled for 8:35 p.m. PDST.
Follow the action on Game Live, or on Twitter.com, @SRPacifics.
North American League Stories from July 25, 2012
- Cats Claw Back But Lose a Heartbreaker in Edinburg - Fort Worth Cats
- Colts Crush Abilene in Shortened Game - San Angelo Colts
- Colts Romp Dogs in Abbreviated Game - Abilene Prairie Dogs
- Santana Delivers Walk-Off Win - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Thunder Beats WhiteWings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Thunder Defeat Wings - McAllen Thunder
- Colts Trade Poole; Sign Rookie Catcher - San Angelo Colts
- Maikel Jova Extends Hitting Streak To 36 Games - San Rafael Pacifics
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.