Pheasants Trade for Winnipeg OutfielderJuly 23, 2012 - American Association (AA) Sioux Falls Canaries
The Pheasants also released outfielder Dan Barbero.
Carpenter, 23, is hitting .218 in 56 games with no home runs and 14 RBI. He has stolen six bases. The native Hawaiian made his professional debut with the Goldeyes last year and hit .320 with a .404 on-base percentage after completing his collegiate career at Cal State-Northridge.
In seven games with the Pheasants, Barbero was 2-for-24 with one RBI.
The Pheasants begin a six-game road trip with the opener of a three-game series against Fargo-Moorhead at 7:02 p.m. on Tuesday, July 24, in Fargo, N.D. All games are broadcast on Sioux Falls Sports Radio 1230-AM KWSN and www.kwsn.com.
Information about individual tickets and group outings with the Sioux Falls Pheasants is available by calling (605) 336-6060 or visiting www.sfpheasants.com.
American Association Stories from July 23, 2012
- Capra Fans Nine, But Wingnuts Drop Series Opener - Wichita Wingnuts
- Saints win 14-2 over Explorers - Sioux City Explorers
- Lemurs Win First of Three against Saltdogs - Laredo Lemurs
- Lemurs Bullpen Shoulders Heavy Load, Shines in Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Anderson Helps T-Bones Shut out AirHogs, Earn Split - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Club Explorers 14-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Justin Garcia named Pointstreak Pitcher of the Week - Amarillo Sox
- Fans select Abercrombie, Hermansen and Pagan for 20th-Anniversary Team - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Brian Beuning Not Released - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Pheasants Trade for Winnipeg Outfielder - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Fish Release Beuning and Spottiswood, Trade Carpenter - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Late Offense Pushes Grand Prairie Past T-Bones - Kansas City T-Bones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.