Hazelbaker Named Eastern League Player of the WeekJuly 23, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Portland Sea Dogs
Hazelbaker batted .417 (10-for-24) with two doubles, one triple, four home runs, eight RBI, 10 runs scored, seven stolen bases, five walks and a 1.083 slugging percentage in six games last week. He started the week off by reaching base in 11 straight plate appearances. On Tuesday, July 17th Hazelbaker went 3-for-3 with two walks in a 7-0 win over Reading. Hazelbaker followed with a 3-for-4 performance with two home runs and a season high five RBI in a 12-0 win over Reading on Wednesday. It was his fourth multi home run game with the Sea Dogs. Hazelbaker closed out the week tying a franchise record by swiping four stolen bases on Sunday against the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. During the week he led all Eastern League players in home runs (4), runs scored (10), steals (7), slugging percentage (1.083) and OPS (1.583). He also finished ranked among the weekly leaders in extra-base hits (7-tied 1st), total bases (26-tied 1st), RBI (8-3rd), triples (1-tied 3rd), on-base percentage (.500-tied 4th), batting average (.417-5th), hits (10-tied 5th) and walks (5-tied 5th). Hazelbaker currently holds a six game hit streak.
On the season, Hazelbaker is hitting .255 (80-for-314) with a team high 15 home runs and 48 RBI. He ranks fifth in the Eastern League with 24 stolen bases and was honored as the Red Sox Minor League Base Runner of the Month for June.
The Selma, Indiana resident was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the fourth round of the 2009 First-Year Player Draft after hitting .429 with 77 runs scored and 29 stolen bases during his junior season at Ball State University.
Hazelbaker previously earned Eastern League Player of the Week honors August 22-28, 2011.
The Portland Sea Dogs begin a three game series against the Trenton Thunder (Yankees) Monday night at 7:00 PM at Hadlock Field. Book your nine inning vacation. Tickets for all 2012 Sea Dogs' home games are available and can be purchased by calling the Sea Dogs Ticket Office at 207-879-9500 or order online at www.seadogs.com.
Eastern League Stories from July 23, 2012
- Hissey Hits Walk Off Home Run in the 11th - Portland Sea Dogs
- Hissey's HR Pushes Portland Past Trenton in 11 - Trenton Thunder
- Santos, Cabrera Homer Curve to Fifth Straight Win - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Blast Rock Cats in Opener, 8-1 - Binghamton Mets
- Fitzgerlad Outduels Gamboa in Sox Loss - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Blast Four Homers to Top Rock Cats - New Britain Rock Cats
- Bocock Steals Home Again in 5-1 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Wright Stuff Baffles SeaWolves as Aeros Roll, 11-1 - Akron Aeros
- Bats Silent in Series Opener - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Claim Pitcher's Duel in Bowie, 1-0 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- B-Mets Set to Host Workforce Night - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Release 2013 Schedule - Trenton Thunder
- Local Dairy Farmers to Collect Donations at Altoona Curve Game - Altoona Curve
- B-Mets Game Notes: at New Britain Rock Cats - Binghamton Mets
- Sea Dogs Game Notes July 23 vs. Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Hazelbaker Named Eastern League Player of the Week - Portland Sea Dogs
- Chien-Ming Wang Joins the Senators on a Rehab Assignment - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs to Host Naturalization Ceremony on Wednesday - Portland Sea Dogs
- Eastern League Announces Weekly Award Winners - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.