Lemurs Lose Tight GameJuly 9, 2012 - American Association (AA) Laredo Lemurs
The Lemurs and the Airhogs were knotted in a battle of the pitchers, with each team scoring one run through the first nine.
Trent Lockwood led off the extra session and hit the first pitch of the inning over the left field wall to give his team the advantage and the win. Lemurs relief pitcher Mike Benacka threw a get-a-head fastball and Lockwood was able to drive it out of the ballpark to put the Airhogs up by one.
Trent Lockwood hit the first homerun in the history of Uni-Trade Stadium on May 17th .
Airhogs relief pitcher Ronnie Morales stayed on in relief after getting the last out in the ninth. Morales struck out the side in the tenth, only giving up a base hit to Jimmy Mojica.
The Airhogs lead the series two games to one. The Lemurs will try to tie up the series tomorrow at 7:30pm Uni-Trade Stadium.
The Lemurs are home through July 17th . You can get tickets at the Laredo Lemurs box office, online at www.laredolemurs.com, or by phone at 956-7LEMURS. All games at Uni-Trade Stadium are set for 7:30pm.
American Association Stories from July 9, 2012
- X's Nipped by Saints - Sioux City Explorers
- RedHawks Score Four in Ninth, Win in Extras 10-9 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Lockwood's Blast Gives Airhogs Extra-Inning Win - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Sox Edge Wingnuts Again - Wichita Wingnuts
- Lemurs Lose Tight Game - Laredo Lemurs
- Klein's Ninth-Inning Single Lifts RailCats to 5-4 Win - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Klein's Single Gives Gary 5-4 Walk-Off Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Pheasants' Skid Reaches Five in Winnipeg - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Miles Ahead of Explorers in 3-1 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Two Dingers and Walker Pace Goldeyes Past Pheasants - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Wingnuts Acquire Experienced Reliever - Wichita Wingnuts
- Alonso Garners Hitter of the Week Honors - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Saints Pitcher Robert Coe Earns American Association Pitcher of the Week - St. Paul Saints
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.