Mustangs Race Past BlowfishJuly 3, 2012 - Coastal Plain League (Coastal Plain) Columbia Blowfish
The Mustangs got on the board in the top of the first with a Jake Stone RBI single to center. The Mustangs scored another run in the third and the fourth against Blowfish starter Joel Seddon. Seddon went four innings giving up three runs on six hits while striking out one.
The Blowfish answered with a run in the bottom of the fourth to make the score 3-1. Michael Wilson led off the inning with a double to deep right centerfield. Wilson later scored on an RBI ground out to second by Gabe Loweree.
Griffin Jones pitched in relief for the Blowfish going an inning and striking out two. Jeff Kinley also pitched for the Blowfish going three and two thirds giving up three earned runs on two hits while striking out two. Tucker Ward also threw a third of an inning giving up one hit.
The Mustangs added three in the top of the ninth to increase their lead to 6-1 against Kinley and Ward. Brady Frey started on the mound for the Mustangs going eight innings giving up one run on six hits while striking out three. Josh Powell got the save for the Mustangs giving up a hit while striking out one.
The Blowfish will be at home again tomorrow against the Florence RedWolves. First pitch is set for 7:05 and their will be independence fireworks after the game. Tickets are available at www.blowfishbaseball.com.
The Columbia Blowfish are in their seventh season at Historic Capital City Stadium and are a proud member of the Coastal Plain League, the nation's hottest summer collegiate baseball league. Celebrating its 16th season in 2012, the CPL features 14 teams playing in North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The CPL gives college players the chance to refine their skills with the use of wooden bats. Players are housed with local host families for the summer and past experiences have been very positive for both players and hosts. Furthermore, the CPL has had over 1,000 alumni drafted and 51 alums - including 2011 AL MVP and Cy Young winner Justin Verlander - make their Major League debut thus far. For more information on the Coastal Plain League, please visit the league website at www.coastalplain.com, and be sure to friend us on Facebook (atwww.facebook.com/coastalplainleague) and follow us via Twitter (at cpleague).
Coastal Plain League Stories from July 3, 2012
- Five-Run Seventh Propels Steamers Over Marlins - Morehead City Marlins
- Forest City Falls in Gastonia - Forest City Owls
- UNCW's Tart Picks up Win in 2-1 Victory - Wilmington Sharks
- Dogs Tally 20th Victory In Front Of Sellout Crowd - Fayetteville SwampDogs
- Mustangs Race Past Blowfish - Columbia Blowfish
- Steamers Strike Marlins Down - Edenton Steamers
- Tobs Sunk by Sharks - Wilson Tobs
- Stephens to Compete in College Home Run Derby - Wilmington Sharks
- Lucky Fan Wins Steal of a Lifetime - Fayetteville SwampDogs
- Independence Fireworks Tonight at the Cap - Columbia Blowfish
- Kanzler Sends Steamers to Walk-off Win - Edenton Steamers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.